Home price guide index

Reply: 1

Now that is an inventive name.

Welcome to the forum Anony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 2

If Labour get back in they may well grow the public service in Canberra - but that will take time. A Labour govt would most likely result in job losses for many people who have filled gaps in the APS through outsourcing.
It's all a balancing act.
Julie

Reply: 2.1

Hi all,

I think I said it to a few at the Canberra Freestylers meeting, but Canberra is relatively easy to pick.

If there is no change in Govt at a federal level, Canberra will see more of the same. A labour Govt would see a shift from outsourcing to govt employees. This would mean a boost to the $250k market (the $50-70k employees) and a weakening of the $400k+ market (the $100k+ contractors).

It is still a company town at the end of the day with close to 50% of workers working for government. The remainder rely heavily on the flow on effect.

Michael Croft
"The best parachute folders are those who jump themselves."

Reply: 2.1.1

Michael

My thoughts exactly if Labor gets in then contractors in Canberra should watch their backsides just like the pubes did in 1996 - market down for quite a while, while everyone who could left town (me included). Then in come all the highly paid contractors and re-employed PS - money abounds and Canberra market booms.

If Libs returned - then more of the same - costs the country more to produce the same (really less - given program cuts) as employing public servants. How many PS do you know who got great packages and are now back in their old jobs as "contractors"?

Cathy

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Hi Cathy.

Just a question for you with a line of yours.

"My thoughts exactly if Labor gets in then contractors in Canberra should watch their backsides just like the pubes did in 1996"

Who/what are the "pubes" that are close to backsides??? It may just be my mind but I think I'm on the wrong train of thought with this one. hehehe....

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

It's definately your mind Rob !

:p

sim.gif

Last edited:
Reply: 2.1.1.1.2

Sorry Rob

Must remember to re-read my posts! lol