Home staging Perth recommendation

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good Perth home stager?

I plan to stage my small unit when it becomes vacant at the end of January.

I need to give my ip the edge over all the other properties in that price bracket. There are quite a few on the market and some have been sotting there getting stale! I want mine sold ASAP so I need to go above and beyond what others are doing. I need to move on. Move back to my ppor! Hoping a fhb will fall in love with it! or an investor will see it as a good prospect.

It didn't sell last time back in April. It was a cluttered tenanted apartment & was on the market for 4 months.

I'll also be getting someone out to clean the tiles and grout in the bathroom and paint white king.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!

Got a link to it, address & photo's?

Have you an idea of pricing to stage it?

Leasing a furniture package maybe more cost effective.

I have used the Perth company below and was very happy with their service and pricing.

http://homestagingandstyling.com.au/

Cost around $1450, 18 months ago for partial staging of a 3x1 townhouse (kitchen, living, bathroom, outdoor patio etc) including furniture hire for approx 4 weeks.

I can genuinely say it added at least $20-25k to the sale price and also made the unit appeal to a much wider range of people, however, townhouse was in Wembley and circa $650k.

I have used the Perth company below and was very happy with their service and pricing.

http://homestagingandstyling.com.au/

Cost around $1450, 18 months ago for partial staging of a 3x1 townhouse (kitchen, living, bathroom, outdoor patio etc) including furniture hire for approx 4 weeks.

I can genuinely say it added at least $20-25k to the sale price and also made the unit appeal to a much wider range of people, however, townhouse was in Wembley and circa $650k.

That is a great price $1450, I always do it on my own properties when I sell and find it very worthwhile ( i pay much more than $1450!!)

yes I just favourited that link. Did the $1500 get you the cushions, starfish etc? and include mobilisation and bump out? that alone is worth $600-700 and 2 days of your life

I don't think it'll make much difference at your end of the market.

Just sell it off so you can get some cash out and buy something better.

I disagree with this, personally a small 1 bedder really needs staging to show how the space can be utilized properly and to also add warmth which apartments of this vintage often lack.

yes I just favourited that link. Did the $1500 get you the cushions, starfish etc? and include mobilisation and bump out? that alone is worth $600-700 and 2 days of your life

From memory delivery and pickup is only around $450 total and takes half a day or so to set up

I disagree with this, personally a small 1 bedder really needs staging to show how the space can be utilized properly and to also add warmth which apartments of this vintage often lack.

I disagree also...the smaller the space the harder to sell. Its the owner occupiers who drive the market fueled on emotion. Presenting a property to push those buttons will more than pay for itself.

On a side note, leasing/purchasing a complete kit out furniture package can also be a very worth while exercise if you are catering to people looking to lease furnished IP's. The increase in rental cashflow more than offsets the furniture leasing/purchase costs and is a very effective way to increase portfolio cash flow.

The cost was all inclusive of delivery, staging, hire and removal. If I needed it longer than 4 weeks there was an additional weekly charge.

The main thing was to have it done before the photos for internet advertising as getting prospective buyers to view is the main criteria.

The staging highlights the features and "hides" the faults or less desirable aspects.

I will do this on all future property sales.

I disagree also...the smaller the space the harder to sell. Its the owner occupiers who drive the market fueled on emotion. Presenting a property to push those buttons will more than pay for itself.

My main priority right now is to get an offer and accept it within the first 2 - 3 weeks! ... So ASAP. At this stage I'd be happy to get what the other unit got or what market says they'll pay for.

I wonder though if prospective buyers will be put off by the bathroom (& wont want to pay as much) because fact is that at some stage they will have to renovate it as its so old. The other unit that sold for $230 k had a renovated bathroom.

What I keep coming back to is painting the unit, professionally cleaning the tiles and grout throughout the unit and also staging it going to be worth my outlay or is it overkill?! Maybe like Ritter said maybe I'll get a fhb who buys on emotion and will pay a bit more if nicely staged. And Sanj commented how it would make it feel more homely & spacious.

I was quoted $2,200 by one company for staging.

So I could be up for around:

$3,500
Includes staging cost, painting and cleaning the tiles and grout of entire unit

And

3 months worth of Mortgage payments $2400

$6000 total outlay

If my unit only sells for $230 k then I'm down $6000 already plus then add on Real estate agent fee/selling costs of $5000

This will mean a profit of $20 k

But then again maybe I'll get lucky and someone might be willing to pay a bit more, ya never know (but I shouldn't count on that)

All I want is a quick sale and I know if I get all those works done and stage it too then it will be a fast sale which will make me happy. But maybe I can also make a fast sale by adding the value and not worrying about staging it.

Also, there has to be cheaper staging companies. I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
Back