homeground services?

Is it a good idea to rent your property to a housing agency, its likely to be tenanted by homeless or refugees and they may be harder on the property but you are dealing with a government organisation rather than individual tenants.

They are offering 3month up front etc,

good idea or not?

what are your comments?

anyone heard of homeground services? are they any good, i've done a search here and not found anything

jizzy

4 walls is the one that operates in Brisbane and have nothing good to say about them

Beware that they will come to you and say they have a good tenant and rent is guaranteed but you will find out that in their contract they don’t have to let you know who lives in the property and can change the tenant whenever they want.

They also change all locks on the house.

They are not a Property Management company and will sign a sublease through your current agent.

The only good thing is they say they will put your property back on the same condition as they found it

Rents are normally below the market condition.

I am not just saying this I have taken over the management of 2 of their properties in the past 12 months both had a lot of damage.

And the rent was more than 30pw below market

http://www.4walls.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

Last edited:
I have bought houses in a similar situation and can identify with what Russellpeter said.

One of the conditions of this particular organization renting your property was that you offered a discount to market rent, so the consideration was on a social charity level rather than anything else.

Back