Homepath

Homepath was a nightmare to deal with!!!!!!!!!!! Never again. Ended up costing us extra $ cos they were late on the finance approval and the builders had to hike their price. Seems like the credit officers there were going through everything by the book. Even if you deal directly with the big 4 - probably still same issues. Find a broker to do all that chasing down for you. Trick is to find one when you first start out that will consistently give you the time of day. Most probably run on the premise that 20% of their clients will give them 80% of their profits so unfortunately when their really busy, guess who they'll attend to first? Good luck.

Grreg said:
I was with them for two years.. In that time I never thought to ring them for a chat, was never put on hold, never had documents lost, never paid them any application, redraw or any other fees, never paid any penalties to refinance and while all this was going on I paid the lowest variable rate in the country..
Grreg,

You are the only person who I have ever heard defend HomePath. I love banks, but these jokers were the absolute limit. Three conflicting instructions as to what they needed in three days, losing the TITLE DEEDS to the property (we eventually made them buy new deeds), losing my payslips and tax returns, asking me for documents they were already holding, failing to inform me that we would miss settlement because they'd lost stuff again or had failed to schedule approvals onto their critical path...the list was endless. :mad:

And at one stage wanting to refuse a loan because we described ourselves as professional property investors.

"We don't deal with professional investors," they told me.

"What, you only consider amateurs for your investment loans??" :eek: :eek: :eek:

If Yuch can fix them, that would be truly magnificent.

Guys,

After hearing all the feedback from the forumites, I had a chat with the business owner of HP.

Unfortunately, just like Rolf said, if they are not prepared to listen then nothing will change. And they did NOT want to listen.

And I was told that HomePath is already making money as is, so why improve?

And... I left...just can't stand working with people/organisations like this..

Quiggles,

I agree, the service you and others describe as receiving from Homepath is appalling... I certainly don't mean to defend them - I was just sharing my experiences in dealing with them... Maybe I was just incredibly fortunate not to have some of those problems occur myself...

I don't have a soft spots for any of the banks... A quote I once heard goes something like this "Loyalty costs the customer money" (Why else have Fly Buys and 4 cent per litre fuel vouchers?)

Cheers,
Greg

Back