Honeymoon location

Hey SS,
Looking at Honeymoon locations, thinking private adults only islands, we have done Tokorki Island in Fiji which was amazing and it feels like everything I look at doesn?t even compare...... Anybody have some nice romantic honeymoon esc locations they care to share.... Keep in mind we are ex Perth and time will be an issue.. If it takes 2-3 days to get there it will be a bit of a waste for us!
Thanks

The maldives is perenially popular, and perenially exxy.
So is bora bora.
Within Australia, lizard island perhaps?
You could fall back on good ol' Bali. Easy and cheap from Perth.
Bali would be my choice. I'd plow the savings into the house (were you expecting anything less from a somersofter lol).
The way i see it, a beach is a beach.
But that upgraded bathroom or deck, or bigger house or better location, will bring me years of joy and reduced matrimonial stress.
Do what you like though.
If you want the 100k wedding or the tiffany's or the 2 weeks in the Maldives, go for it!

The Maldives was heavenly. It is expensive but doesn't have to be too expensive. We stayed at Meeru which is roughly around $650/night for an overwater bungalow (another thing you can tick off your bucket list) full board.

Attachments

• tiffany.jpg
    tiffany.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 80
That ring is identical to my fianc?s' .... However I paid 1/3 of the price as it?s not a tiffany..... I think it?s even better!...... Diamonds and rings are for another thread though...

I did see some pretty cheap flights to the Maldives ($550pp return) but as has been said accom is very $$$$$

Thanks for the suggestions boracay looks interesting.

I kind of feel anywhere is SE Asia is the same and I get that a beach is a beach but we have done bali to death.

Seems to be some nice remote places in Thailand and Vietnam.....We kind of like the luxury barefoot resort feel, like very very up market castaway lol..... I guess that?s why fjij was so magic.

If we can get cheap flights to cook islands i think that would be equally amazing
Keep them coming
Cheers

If we can get cheap flights to cook islands i think that would be equly amazing

Lizard Island in the Coral Sea is very remote, but quite pricey. I'm told that Bill Clinton's ex girlfriend (Monica) stayed there a while to avoid the press. I got there via Cairns a few years ago.

The Maldives is fairly easy to get to and can be relaxed. Just avoid the main city Male.

Are there any activities actually want to do? I'd go nuts just sitting on a beach, but I agree that remote is good.

If July, hire a yacht or take a cruise from Monte Carlo through the Mediterranean, Sardinia, Bocche di Bonifacio, Portofino. Heaven on earth. Crystal clear water, private beaches, star spotting. A glimpse into how the uber-rich and royalty live.

I went to Sudan diving and there were a couple on the boat on their honeymoon. The coast, islands and sea are spectacular. Very remote if that's what you want, we were the only 7 divers in the country. On land was a bit dodgy though.

Back