Honeymoon location

With you on that.

Not an Island, but Port Douglas is absolutely wonderful, if into diving Great Barrier. Sailing in the evening, lots things to do, cheap accommodation.
We going back again in Dec, love it.

I like Port Douglas, but in December it's about 39 degrees every day with high humidity and the ocean is too hot to swim in. And then there are the crocs and stingers. July is much better.

I like Port Douglas, but in December it's about 39 degrees every day with high humidity and the ocean is too hot to swim in. And then there are the crocs and stingers. July is much better.

No it's not, more like 32c. It feels like 39(edit 42) for southerners who aren't used to the humidity.

No it's not, more like 32c. It feels like 39(edit 42) for southerners who aren't used to the humidity.

I was there the Christmas before last and it never went below 37. With high humidity. I remember it well because my fellow travellers who were born up there thought the weather at 39 was 'great'.

With you on that.

Not an Island, but Port Douglas is absolutely wonderful, if into diving Great Barrier. Sailing in the evening, lots things to do, cheap accommodation.
We going back again in Dec, love it.

Port Douglas is great across the winter months but summer can be extremely humid and WET!

Try Hawaii - Honolulu for shopping and excitement and one of the other islands (i like Maui) for slower pace, more relaxing.

Food and shopping is cheap, service is great. 30degrees most days, nearly anytime of the year, and not much humidity.

Port Douglas is cute but very small, i wouldn't stay longer than 4 days.

I was there the Christmas before last and it never went below 37. With high humidity. I remember it well because my fellow travellers who were born up there thought the weather at 39 was 'great'.

I've lived there and anything above 32ish is getting warm. Days above mid 30's are very rare. You must have been there during a heat wave. Depending on the humidity, when say compared to Melbourne 32 can feel like 32 or it can feel like 40. I haven't lived there for more than a decade perhaps it's hotter with global warming. lol.

edit - the mean temp for Dec is 30.3. http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/tables/cw_031052.shtml

Well I feel like I have committed to the Maldives..... I found return flights for 2 people via Singapore for 1200 total!!! Now the search for good acc less than 500pn hmmm Can anyone who has been to the Maldives comment?
Cheers

How about Cenderawasih Bay in West Papua New Guinea? Looks absolutely amazing and you can swim with the whale sharks. Another bucket list item for me :)

Back