Honeymoon suggestions

I'm starting to agree with you VY, just got to convince the fiance now... As long as there's a beach and a pool so I can relax after a stressful 5 months then I'm happy!

How badly do you want a beach? Would a nice hotel with an awesome pool do?

Perhaps think outside the box - spending a little more on airfares and less on accommodation you could spend the time somewhere very cool, like Las Vegas!

Pearl Beach or Pretty Beach central coast. Great beaches, very private and relaxed. About two hours from you by plane and car.

Thanks China, I've had a few holidays within Australia over the past 12 months so looking to get out of the country and make the most of the $AUS next year!

How badly do you want a beach? Would a nice hotel with an awesome pool do?

Perhaps think outside the box - spending a little more on airfares and less on accommodation you could spend the time somewhere very cool, like Las Vegas!

Got to have a beach, not just for the beach itself but also for the 'vibe' you get from beach side towns - always so chilled out and happy. For me, the honeymoon is all about chilling out with the missus! Also, we have a round the world trip planned in August next year where we will be doing a lot of running around.

Got to have a beach, not just for the beach itself but also for the 'vibe' you get from beach side towns - always so chilled out and happy. For me, the honeymoon is all about chilling out with the missus! Also, we have a round the world trip planned in August next year where we will be doing a lot of running around.

Fair enough. When is the world trip? If you're not getting married until March why not just tack on a week on a beach somewhere in the world as part of the larger trip?

Fair enough. When is the world trip? If you're not getting married until March why not just tack on a week on a beach somewhere in the world as part of the larger trip?

Yeah fair question. Everyone I have spoken to who has done that has regretted it, from what I hear you really need a week after the wedding to relax and spend some quality time together. If we made our round the world trip our honeymoon then we would have to wait 3 months before we had any time off.

I'm getting married in about 3 weeks. Trying to save money to keep buying next year we've decided to just duck up the road to Hawks Nest. Picked up a deal on groupon.com, cost us <$200 for accomm, I'd say <$500 for the whole trip.

We got married at the start of last year. We spent three nights in a really nice hotel in the city (Melbourne) and then moved up to Canberra as I got a job here. We then went on our proper honeymoon eight months later. I liked this because it meant that everything wasn't over at once and we could enjoy the holiday more.

Fiji - pick one of the island resorts, beautiful water, white sand, warm sunshine and beautiful friendly people. Never found anywhere quite as relaxing, it is bliss.

Congratulations!

I'm getting married the weekend before you. We decided on Vietnam/Thailand for our honeymoon in late April/Early May for three weeks. We went to Fiji late last year and to be honest it wasn't as cheap as I'd imagined.
What's with the attraction for March weddings? :D We got married on March 26 - 19 years next year.

We had our honeymoon and 10 year anniversary in Perth, Freemantle, Rottnest Island etc. It was really great, but I love the island experience...

I love Fiji and the Fijian people, and depending on what you like to do; a good mix of experiences which I did on one of my visits was 4 days at one of the mainland resorts down on the Coral Coast ("Naviti" or "The Fijian" for example), followed by a 3 day "Blue Lagoon Cruise", and finish up with another 4 or 5 days on one of the northern islands - "Matamanoa" and "Castaway" as 2 examples.

Matamanoa is couples only and very small and quiet, while Castaway is more orientated for families, so maybe too busy and not private enough.

I'm getting married in about 3 weeks. Trying to save money to keep buying next year we've decided to just duck up the road to Hawks Nest. Picked up a deal on groupon.com, cost us <$200 for accomm, I'd say <$500 for the whole trip.

We were tempted to do the same but I've spent the past 7 years really trying to accumulate and grow my business and next year is going to be about having fun and enjoying life. After that will get back into investing and saving!

Apparently Hamilton Island's Qualia resort was recently named world's best resort?

Looks very nice!! Unfortunately if you want to do luxury in Australia you almost need Bill Gates' bank balance!! You can do it for a quarter of the price in Thailand etc.

I love Fiji and the Fijian people, and depending on what you like to do; a good mix of experiences which I did on one of my visits was 4 days at one of the mainland resorts down on the Coral Coast ("Naviti" or "The Fijian" for example), followed by a 3 day "Blue Lagoon Cruise", and finish up with another 4 or 5 days on one of the northern islands - "Matamanoa" and "Castaway" as 2 examples.

Matamanoa is couples only and very small and quiet, while Castaway is more orientated for families, so maybe too busy and not private enough.

Sound amazing!! Thanks Bayview

Back