Hong Kong - travel information please.

We will be in Hong Kong for two days next week and wanted to know if anyone can recommend a few places for us to see. We like food markets and general "exotic" type markets. We like to try unusual food but I refuse to eat dog. I like taking "street scene" photos. I would like too see some "old Hong Kong" if any still exists. We are staying on Nathan Road. Thanks.

Thanks everyone. Have been on the ferry and Victoria Peak. May do that again though. Is Stanley on the island or mainland? Any other food market suggestions?

Thanks everyone. Have been on the ferry and Victoria Peak. May do that again though. Is Stanley on the island or mainland? Any other food market suggestions?

Stanley is on the island. Catch the bus there from Central - you will pass through Deepwater bay and Chung Hom Kok.

Food markets in Wan Chai are also pretty good.

I agree with China about Stanley - just the bus ride is amazing, make sure you sit on the top of the double decker bus right at the front if you can. I also loved the peak and the star ferry.

Lamma island is really cool, full on ferry ride, very fun. the island is old hong kong with beautiful old houses and temples.

man mo road is great for antiques and shopping - the main drag is good, but you can find other markets and stalls around. the man mo temple is lovely.

Kowloon is great. The Chungking mansion is such a trip and i guess you'll see the jade market. I went to a huge market in Kowloon but have forgotten the name (although i seem to remember it was a rude word in english :D).

the night life is incredible too- and the food! have a great time :)

Back