Hornsby or Castle Hill

Hornsby might be better. Castle Hill has already boomed on the back of the rail project. (My sister sold her 3 bed/ 2 (or 1.5) bath /1 car (garage) townhouse at the corner of Lynstock (just across the street from the one in your link) with nice large garden for around $775k or so around April last year.) I can't remember if it was freestanding or not but it felt like it was. Not as new as the one in your link though.

Hornsby meanwhile hasn't yet really boomed but should if/when they build that missing northern link (tunnel) from M2 to M1 taking away all the traffic heading north. So if you are happy to be that far north, it should be quicker/better to get to in the future. Btw I don't think Castle Hill will ever fully get rid of their traffic issues, and the train lines from Hornsby should be better in general than Castle hill. (Although very frequent every 5 minutes, there won't be any direct train into the city. As it stands, commuters will have to change at Chatswood which is not so good for people with prams, wheelchairs, lots of luggage, disability)...

The Northconnex is an interesting one. If you are looking to use the Pacific Highway to get to work etc the Northconnex is a bad thing, if looking to use Pennant Hills road its a good thing. If using the tunnel itself it will be good to get onto the M2 to head West, not so good to head to the CBD.

This is because there will be a large increase in traffic on the Pacific Highway post Northconnex as its the most direct un-tolled route. There will be no direct route from the M1 to the M2 east bound, only West bound. Traffic using the Northconnex from the M1 to the CBD/ Macquarie Park/ Lower North Shore in both directions will leave the tunnel to join Pennant Hills road then back on the the M2 and the same in the opposite direction. This could be really bad at the Pennant Hills road/ M2 intersection where its already really clogged (in particular at the lights heading North). So a longer, less direct route charges you but is not a complete trip. Trucks will also to continue to use the Pacific Highway including Dangerous Goods traffic and we know freight will continue to grow substantially.

Pennant Hills road will be the road that gets the relief, hopefully the through traffic will be in the tunnel and they are going to force freight to use the tunnel too. So I actually think that areas surrounding Pennant Hills road could be worth a punt if looking in that general region. The Pacific Highway will become a real sewer between Ryde rd at Gordon and the M1 intersection at Wahroonga so that could be interesting for surrounding suburbs.

Back