Hot enough for ya???11

H Y'all

As most of Australia bakes..... I thought those elsewhere would be interested to know Sydney has just set a new record of heat at an official 45.8 beating the previous record of 45.3 degrees set in January 1939.

What are the rest of your doing!

regards

Peter 14.7
In SYD on business.

Hot?

Hiya

I am okay; sitting under aircon with my lime soda...

Not to sound flippant but i think my new lawn is dying a quick, fiery death...in front of my eyes though:eek:

I hear ya Virgo.

AND

To be specific 45.8 is at Observatory Hill (essentially in the Rocks adjacent the Harbour Bridge) the official Sydney City Measure Station.

Sydney Airport is actually 46.4!

Sydney West is usually hotter.

Pool at my apartment looking nice for tonight :cool:

Peter

To be specific 45.8 is at Observatory Hill (essentially in the Rocks adjacent the Harbour Bridge) the official Sydney City Measure Station.

yep, surrounded by nothing but concrete and steel...no wonder it's hot and temps recorded are hotter than when all that concrete was a fair bit less in mass.

Same in the west subs, all roads and roof.

Not bad here in the bush, this year it's probably more like a normal summer than the last 6 years which have been cooler than usual.

Cool change coming....:cool:

yep, surrounded by nothing but concrete and steel...no wonder it's hot and temps recorded are hotter than when all that concrete was a fair bit less in mass.

Same in the west subs, all roads and roof.

Not bad here in the bush, this year it's probably more like a normal summer than the last 6 years which have been cooler than usual.

Cool change coming....:cool:

Yeah, spent 2 years on the far outback and we worked on roads in 40s.

FYI the train system is in Chaos at Sydney. Almost all lines shutdown.

Peter

Currently in the Gateway Building in Circular Quay freezing my xxxx's off oblivious to the heat outside.

In 30 mins will board a southbound train which better have air cond.

Cheers all

26°C and a perfect blue sky day over here in Perth.

We had that awful heat last week. No-one battered an eyelid when we went through it.

If it didn't happen in Sydney - it didn't happen.

We was thinking of you Dazz ... especially as we had it here to - and I was painting in it. Bailed the painting when it hit 43

In Newcastle today. 42 or there abouts.

Went down to Bar Beach for a lunchtime swim. Perfect.

Currently in the Gateway Building in Circular Quay freezing my xxxx's off oblivious to the heat outside.

In 30 mins will board a southbound train which better have air cond.

Cheers all

Danger.

Just spent 15 min at central in dead train. Drivers walking off due to heat. Starting to rain in sydney. Just underway.

Go to pub!

Peter

Temp guage here reckons its 43. Not sure what it is officially.

The wind is what is concerning me. Its a prime bushfire day.

Just got home from work looking forward to sitting on the lounge with a cold drink and watching the cricket.... :rolleyes:

Knew all about it Daz, I always keep an eye on Perth weather as what happens in Perth generally follows over here.

Looking forward to the 26deg beautiful days ahead...;)

Reminds me of the '92 fires on the central coast NSW (probably elsewhere too).

Hot winds blowing a gale fires all along the escarpment above Gosford/Woy Woy and the radio suggesting everybody get down to the beaches ASAP.

Well, we were sitting in the Terrigal Pub after work and the traffic jam was horrendous out front.

Next morning had to drive into West Gosford and nearly choked on the low hanging smoke as there was not a breath of wind.

How it can change so quickly.

Australia...!

Lots of fire trucks posted around the outskirts of Canberra atm.

There is one on the hill about 100m from my house. No fires to speak of, they are just sitting there watching and waiting. Hope they have aircon, wouldnt be nice sitting there in this heat.

Reminds me of the '92 fires on the central coast NSW (probably elsewhere too).

Hot winds blowing a gale fires all along the escarpment above Gosford/Woy Woy and the radio suggesting everybody get down to the beaches ASAP.

Well, we were sitting in the Terrigal Pub after work and the traffic jam was horrendous out front.

Next morning had to drive into West Gosford and nearly choked on the low hanging smoke as there was not a breath of wind.

How it can change so quickly.

Australia...!

Parents house was under threat in that one. Uncle in Pearl Beach nearly lost his house (embers in the gutter, things like that). The 94 one wasn't as close.

I think its ridiculous in 2013 in whats known as one of the most expensive and glamorous cities in the world with one of the highest standards of living, that Sydney has a train system that can only barely cope on a normal day and whenever theres a bit of weather (not like Australia is known for this :confused: ) its signal failures all round or "wires too old to handle the heat"

Seriously, Cityrail is soooo beyond s**t I would expect better train services in 3rd world countries and they dare charge us the extortionate fees to travel in dirty, un-airconditioned sardine cans.....at the very least can they not fund audible and coherent annoucement systems in the older trains??? :mad::mad:

Makes me feel great about driving my gas guzzling range rover V8 everywhere

/end rant

Back