House and Land package with Possibility of granny Flat ?

Hello Experts ,

I have been looking for a house and Land package in Western Sydney suburb near Black town region,I am a newbie who doesn't have any previous experience in property market .

I found one of the offer with 540 sqm land where as builder has offered 4 Bed room house with around 220 sqm vacate land in the backyard.
The surrounding area is having all new construction going on and the price is little higher ( by 20-30K) as it is bigger land piece compare to other dwellings in the market.

I would be stretching myself if i go ahead buying this property ,but the prospect of possibility of granny flat in the backyard got my interest.
When i checked with builder he asked me to go ahead with current house development and later put separate request to counsel for granny flat development as his opinion counsel don't like to approve two dwellings at the same time on same land(is it true?) .

My question is -

1) Should i put prospect of my house along with granny flat in the same application or should i put separately later( i don't have money in hand to build granny flat along with house at the moment, is there would be any compulsion to build straight away?)

2)How can I ensure that in future I will be able to go ahead with my plan , what all things I need to check in my current house plan by keeping future granny flat in mind

3) Are there any experts in these area whom I can show the plan and take informed decision , and how much they usually charge ?

Thanks,
Rajorich.

I'm a bit confused.
You say the land is 540 with 220 at the back. So the total land is 760? Is that what you are saying.

So it's a house and land package? Assuming the land is 760 then you MAY be able to put a granny flat. Then again you may not.

Go and see council to check the zoning. A lot of areas in Blacktown have changed zoning. How wide is the block? Will you be abler to get access to the back? Is there sufficient room for 24sq of yard for the granny flat?

If it is only a viable proposition with the granny flat ensure you can build one before you buy.

Back