House for rent via blogger

http://www.victorstbanyo.blogspot.com/

I have posted an add in the Courier Mail for today and next Saturday as well and to compliment it have created this google blog, thought it would be a good way to show the house and to put up relevant forms. Will be uploading an application form later.

Any feedback on the written word? Trying to be diplomatic but don't want to come over as too demanding.

Interesting thing this morning was that I got two callers who said they don't have access to the internet... probably not that unusual now that I think about it.

Have posted this in caveat emptor as it's still an active add.

Hi Andrew

I recently went through the experience of selecting a tenant to live next door to me so i do understand your concerns however I think your blog on the property is perhaps unecessairly negative.

I wanted quiet people. I wanted the tenants to pay 100% of water usuage. I was going to check them out thoroughly. But i did not put any of this in the advert becuase its all standard stuff. Like the beginning of your blog I sold the property, its amenties. While renovating it I placed it on gumtree (such a great site) and was bombarded with responses. I found people to be unusually open maybe because it is a community site rather than a real estate site as such.

After the one tenant I preferred (based on e-mail communication) viewed the property and expressed a strong interest I advised them that i was the next door neighbour. Told them all of the conditions of the lease. Cheked them out thoroughly (they passed) and now I am madly working on the renovation so they can move in :eek:

Modified the internet post to be a bit more friendly.

Think I will have to be a bit more realistic with my expectations, most of the callers said they didn't have access to the internet when I asked them to look at the website... I was a bit surprised by that at first.

Any update Andrew?
Generally a bit disapointed with the quality of applications.

Usual was a multi-income stream diverse household application. His and Hers with long stable employment history with C. Link. Also suspected use of reality enhancers was an issue in more than one situation.

It's the suburb mostly I think... It's presently years beyond it's reputation in terms of improvement and liveability, people will catch on later rather than sooner I think.... helped my purchase but not my letting unfortunately.

Still trying.

Heya

Maybe you should consider opening it up to the local agents as a periodic lease...wait until they vet you a tenant and get the lease started and then just take over the management from them.

not all agencies do periodics, but you have so many nearby that there will certainly be some who can help. Might cost you a weeks lease fee and some ads (depending on the agent) but if it attracts a quality tenant for you sooner

cheers
UC

Got a tenant now, with hindsight I would have done better just posting a sign out the front, live and learn.

Appears to be an excellent choice for tenant as well, time will tell though :)

Tenants are fantastic, couldn't be happier at the moment with the results. An older couple, the lady even gave us a salmon steak for our cat, so he spends a lot of time resting outside their front door now.

I underestimated the power of signage in retrospect, if I need to sell or rent a property privately that is the first thing I will be doing next time, just whacking a sign on the front lawn.

Back