House for Sale - Wellington suburb - NZ

Hi guys

I am selling one of my properties to reduce some other debt. It is in the suburb of Porirua about 20 mins drive north of Wellington. It is close to transport, schools and shops.

It is 2 bedroom cottage on a large section. The government valuation is $114,000 and asking price is $125,000.

Combined dining room/kitchen, lino in kitchen. 2 large bedrooms with built in wardrobes, toilet/bathroom combined, shower over bath. Polished wooden floors in lounge and hallway. Lounge has a fireplace. Laundry under house. Drive on section. Heaps of potential.

It has until recently, been rented for $180.00 per week. There are no water rates. Only other expenses are the City Council rates of about #23.00 per week.

If anyone is interested they can contact the agent direct. Go to www.northcityrealties.co.nz or email Allan Davidson on [email protected]. His phone number is Wn 64 4 238 2244.

Cheers, QB

Hi, QB.

Sweet little property. As a matter of interest, what are the floorboards made of (yes, wood, I know, thanks for coming, Geoff) and what is the cladding made of?

The floorboards are a native timber called Matai (don't know the botanical name). You don't see it around much in new houses because it's so expensive. The whole house is floorboards but we thought carpet would be better in the bedrooms otherwise some people whinge. And we ran out of steam and couldn't be bothered last time we renovated to pull the vinyl up.

House is 88 square metres in total. Land is 612 square metres. Roof is concrete tile. Foundations are concrete. Exterior walls are asbestos duroc tiles. (These are quite common for houses of this style and era built by the Government) Apparently, safe as long as you don't go messing around with them. And no need to paint if you don't want to. I think they are quite ugly actually, but they do look nice painted.

I've had it on the market for a week.

Cheers, QB

Back