House in Sydney

I am looking at buying a house in Sydney not for investment. Wanted some view on suburbs, schools that i should consider. I do have an investment property at the moment which is in Epping. Look forward to some suggestions. I dont know what is a good budget as today nothing seems to be under a million. But my budget is 700k-800k

Baulkham Hills
Winston Hills

can get yourself a nice brick veneer house on a decent block of land, good schools in the area, lots of shopping centres, M2 bus into the city or drive, traditionally high owner occupier ratio.

Obvious questions:
  1. Where do you want to live?
  2. Existing or new?
  3. Renovator or renovated?
  4. What size?
  5. Big block important?
  6. etc

Hmm with Spludgey, may need to narrow it down. E.g. you could get a 1 br apartment near the CBD for that price, or a 5 bedroom home in the outer west.

What do you need for your PPOR? With your budget in mind, i'd start with those questions and then narrow the search down.

Cheers,
Redom

Along similar lines to the others, but also think about what's most important to you. Is it a big house / garden or being close to friends or having a low maintenance house / townhouse cos you're never there anyway. Are you buying with the intention to live there for the next 20 years or is a stepping stone. Do you need to worry about schools / public transport to work etc etc etc

Back