House not rented yet - 5 weeks with no tenant!

kael im from Sydney too and i had 2 IP's in Melton which i have now sold... U can search this forum and read on that and see a link of one of my house if u like.

I sold with clayton and Jason Ryder, they were really good to deal with, unlike a female agent who i wont name here. So dont sit and wait, the agent makes a difference. Best of luck.

Her excuse is she is waiting for the weather to be fine to take photos - I can definitely say, I'll be checking the weather daily for the Melton area.

pathetic. does the house have a functional roof? why couldn't she at least take pics of the inside?

More importantly why were not photo's taken 1st inspection. Or during the final bond inspection of last tenant.

Never knew it rained inside a house either :p

Hi kael,

As someone who has previously taken advantage of feedback from the forum on a rental ad and organised subsequent positive changes with the Property Management team, I can only concur with the above comments

Did you see the 2011 advertisement for that address?

Homehound

and

The Homepage

Both with photos

Your current ad states

Property Description

Spacious 4 Bedroom Home!

This spacious 4 bedroom home in Brookfield estate comprises master bedroom with ensuite and walk in robe other 3 bedrooms with built in robes, open plan caesertone ktichen caesarstone kitchen? / meals with stainless steel appliances and dishwasher, x1 living areas, ducted heating through out, split system to living area property is also alarmed and has double lock up garage and landscaped gardens

Whereas last year (if indeed the same property) and with several photos, the ad included the below in comparison

Brand new oversized architecturally designed single storey, four bedroom, master with ensuite and WIR, large open lounge area with an abundance of natural light and double remote garage and ducted heating/cooling.

Huge open plan lounge/kitchen/meals area, luxury designer kitchen with impeccable quality finishes including European stainless steel appliances, plenty of functional cupboards, with bi-folding doors leading to a large backyard with landscaped gardens and re access through garage.

The property is perfectly located in this vibrant and charming new estate, easy access to freeway into the CBD and nearby shopping centres, universities, primary and secondary schools.

I prefer the latter

Your rental competition is listed here

Her excuse is she is waiting for the weather to be fine to take photos - I can definitely say, I'll be checking the weather daily for the Melton area.

More likely she was getting some enquiries already and thought that was good enough and was too lazy to go take some photos.

When your PM gives you excuses as to why they haven't done something, its time to change PM's.

OMG

This is YOUR money she is spending every week with no rent.
Get it changed TODAY or sack them. 10 days is way too long to fix this type of crap

Y-man.. i'm shocked that it took 1 month to tenant - was the tenant only wanting to move in after a few weeks rather than straight away?
And North Melbourne 3 months vacant?

Is this the effect of lower numbers of international students coming to Melbourne I wonder.

Sorry - my boss just corrected me - she said the Prahran went in 1 week. :eek:

The Y-man

Unbelievable!!!!

Just jumped onto THEIR website - 9 out of the 30 houses they have listed for rent have no photos of the house - just the company sign.

What a total disregard for landlords and their investment. Weather has nothing to do with it. Pure laziness.

She's emailed me back now, she said they've now taken photographs, which they've uploaded.

They're also changing the description and a few other things. Will update everyone here as soon as it has been completed, so I can get some more feedback. I do admit, changing PM's is sounding like a good idea.

She's emailed me back now, she said they've now taken photographs, which they've uploaded.

They're also changing the description and a few other things. Will update everyone here as soon as it has been completed, so I can get some more feedback. I do admit, changing PM's is sounding like a good idea.

did she even do an exit inspection? the sliding glass doors in the laundry are filthy.

get a new PM

Just jumped onto THEIR website - 9 out of the 30 houses they have listed for rent have no photos of the house - just the company sign.

What a total disregard for landlords and their investment. Weather has nothing to do with it. Pure laziness.

for me, thats a deal breaker, unless they were thinking about taking photos all on the same day for 30 days, then she has clearly lied about the weather being a factor,

I dont like being lied to, ambiguous OK, outright lie, not on

Change PM immediately,

It's been an hour since your PM emailed you.

I see photos, but I don't see an updated ad nor any changes to the fact the garage is double and not single.

Absolutely useless!

Change PM's, that way the property can be listed on realestate.com again as a new listing and you can be rid of someone who doesn't know the first thing about customer service!

They have been busy!

Kael

Did you tell them we have been spying on them? Only 3 properties now on their website with no photos! I'm wondering if I drive past it this weekend the front garden looks exactly like the photo?? I think they have just been slack.

Kael

Did you tell them we have been spying on them? Only 3 properties now on their website with no photos! I'm wondering if I drive past it this weekend the front garden looks exactly like the photo?? I think they have just been slack.

Nope - I haven't told them a thing. Perhaps they're watching this thread though... :/ Do many property managers watch forums like this?

Kael, another tactic u may try, and which eventually got me my tenant after 4months of listing with one agent, is to sign it with 2 agents (thats if u havent signed at exclusivity agreement), create some competition.. I did that after waiting 3 months for my exclusive period to finish, and the new agent got me a tenant after 2 weeks... Something for u to ponder on.

K

I totally agree with the comments regaridng this poor service from this "so called" manager. However I'm curious to understand why an interstate investor would outlay a huge amount of capital in constructing a brand new dwelling to be used as a rental in an area with a double digit vacancy rate, when they could have otherwise invested in their home town (Sydney) where vacancy rates are currenly hovering around 1%.

I'm guessing you're intending to eventually move to this place

I totally agree with the comments regaridng this poor service from this "so called" manager. However I'm curious to understand why an interstate investor would outlay a huge amount of capital in constructing a brand new dwelling to be used as a rental in an area with a double digit vacancy rate, when they could have otherwise invested in their home town (Sydney) where vacancy rates are currenly hovering around 1%.

I'm guessing you're intending to eventually move to this place
I have considered moving to Melbourne, but I don't believe I would move to this area.

When I purchased the land and started building in the area, vacancy rates were a LOT lower. Take note, I did purchase the land here back in 2010. Vacancy rates were a lot lower then and it was cheaper to invest here more so then, then it is now. Sydney's pretty pricey also.

The lawn could use a mow and the dirty windows cleaned. Then new photos and more of them.

Gardener is coming out to fix the lawn and gardens this week or next week. Windows, I'd agree.

Still no tenant as of yet. One person was apparently interested on Saturday, but no application as of yet, even though they took one. Another inspection on Wednesday afternoon. Fingers crossed :/

Back