house on a small block

Hi,
After failing to secure a block big enough for a battle-axe, we came across this corner block about 720sqm. Trying to put numbers together at the moment. Does anyone know any builder / house design that would fit on a 350sqm (half the original block) - with 23m width and 15m depth - level block.
We intend to put a double storey if we end up getting it. I've seen next door neighbours done it. I think FSR is about 100% as long as we have some outdoor area. I just wanna know/research the price list + site costs + driveway, etc.
Thanks.

Our house is on a 308sq block (4 bed 2 storey). Most narrow block builders have spec homes based on long blocks with small frontages rather than wide frontage and short block.

Do u have any estates nearby like delfin that focus on narrow blocks? There are a few smaller builders in our estate who build to your specs so if you can find a builder like that they would probably be your best bet.

Oh I don't think spec builders are a good idea for this type of situation. They usually deal with narrow width, long depth blocks like beachgurl said. I am sure an architect could come up with a good solution.

at twice the build cost!

Most spec home builders allow a fair bit of layout changing, as long as you don't move any structural walls or alter the external walls.

I'd suggest find a house that fits the block, that you like the look of, and talk the the building company to see if you can move the entry/garaging.

Thank you all.
Yes, I found home builders who tackles narrow blocks (narrow width and long depth), but not one that deals with wide and short blocks. :(
What are specs homes?
I don't intend to engage an architect because that will blow our budget way up.
FSR = floor to space ratio

Spec Home = bulk builders like Porter Davis, Mirvac et al

You'd be surprised how much a spec builder will cost you as their variations are very expensive - you only save money if you build what they have in their catalogue. Especially for a PPOR I'd rather get it right - of course if it's going to be an IP in the near future then just put a crappy house on it by all means.

Back