house or unit

Hi all

Just looking for any opinions

I am debating whether to spend high 100s on a 3br basic house around Elizabeth area , or on a 2br basic unit close to the beach ( 2 or 3 streets back )

I know many say "land , land , land" , and I agree with that closer to the city , but I just see Christies Beach as a place that will develop sooner rather than later , and I am leaning towards a unit so close to the beach tagging along for a better appreciation ride.

Any thoughts ?

Hi all

Just looking for any opinions

I am debating whether to spend high 100s on a 3br basic house around Elizabeth area , or on a 2br basic unit close to the beach ( 2 or 3 streets back )

I know many say "land , land , land" , and I agree with that closer to the city , but I just see Christies Beach as a place that will develop sooner rather than later , and I am leaning towards a unit so close to the beach tagging along for a better appreciation ride.

Any thoughts ?

Granev, if it's any help - Peter Koulizos was saying on Tuesday night that he believes Christies Beach is one of the cheapest beachside suburbs left in Adelaide, and is set for big gains in the future (it's on his top 10, which you probably already know).

What sort of unit are you talking about, ie. old building?

I usually buy on land componant, however good beachside units are always in demand and generally realise good capital growth. If its purely investment, do the numbers, whichever stacks up best (including growth) would be the one I'd buy.

cheers,

Back