House plan Software

We've got a house and a couple of units to reno / redesign in the next year and are looking at a house plan program to invest in . Happy to pay for a good one .

Any recommendations ?

A google search came up with Home Designer Suite by Chief Architect as one possibility . Has anyone used this ?

While we not looking at getting a pro level program , is there an industry standard and if so is there an industry standard file format ?

Any info would be appreciated .

Cliff

Sweet Home 3d, which is free and does most basic floor plans.
You can import your background photo, create walls partition, drag windows, doors, bath tub, toilet to your floor plan.. it also has 3d viewing of you created floor plan.
Pretty basic and easy to use, maybe you're looking for something that gives more graphical/colourful interior though..

http://www.sweethome3d.com/

I use Microsoft Visio to do any diagrams but it doesn't do the 3D stuff. You can simply paste into other applications. It also has many other applications not just floor plans.

I'm really looking for a specific architectural program , easy to use with a bit of learning , that I don't have to paste into other applications etc . There seem to be several available under or around $100 with good support , instructions etc .

Also if we have plans we've drawn up , we can give them to some who can then work on them , or if we get a draftsman to do a proper plan , something that he can send to us in digital format that we can work on .

Cliff

Back