House prices

What a silly post from you .....AGAIN :rolleyes:

Happiness or wealth is sooo much of a personal thing that if they believe they are happy or wealthy, they dont need external reinforcement or for others to judge them.

Thank You.
When you get to a certain point you realize what Token Funder means.
Money is great, but only a means to an end.
I don't need empires of squillions and I have no need to go out and buy xx IPs before 2015.
I'd rather work 20hrs wk and make 50k then 100hrs for 100k.
The rest is for hobby & fun, even though that often generates income too.
That's my "wealth".
And those who have their own "wealth" dont give a rats about anyone else's.

Hope your having a great day. :cool:

Thank You.
When you get to a certain point you realize what Token Funder means.
Money is great, but only a means to an end.
I don't need empires of squillions and I have no need to go out and buy xx IPs before 2015.
I'd rather work 20hrs wk and make 50k then 100hrs for 100k.
The rest is for hobby & fun, even though that often generates income too.
That's my "wealth".
And those who have their own "wealth" dont give a rats about anyone else's.

Hope your having a great day. :cool:

No, both of you are not getting the point.. someone else already said in this thread earlier.

They are not mutually dependent.

You can have both. It just depends on your 'own' priorities in life. It is possible to work 50 hours per week and be happy and very rich and it is very possible to work 15 hours and be broke and sad.

You guys dont seem to get it and are shoving your judgement down everyones throat.. dont make statements.

Its almost identical to me saying that PB is so negative, I am sure that people like him are not loved by their families and have very few true friends because they are constantly negative.

Hope u lot understand

You can have both. It just depends on your 'own' priorities in life. It is possible to work 50 hours per week and be happy and very rich and it is very possible to work 15 hours and be broke and sad.
There is something just not right about that,some people may only work less then 15 hours a week and in several hours can make more then the person working 50 hours per week in a "Year" as a wage slave,happens every day just depends on your risk factor and the backup you have in place and be very happy in their own simple lifestyle, you have to understand the different mindsets that are out there,and it's not all about your skills or ability to argue or debate,my idea of "SAD" is walking past the local bus stop early in the morning and looking into the faces of the people going to work,.i don't see many with a smile on their face,they do that because they have too,so at the end or start of the day who's happy??.imho willair..

I reckon I do have both, that is my point.
And TF's point as well, and also Willair it seems.
Unless you want to define by your standards what someone else's wealth & happiness should be.

I reckon I do have both, that is my point.
And TF's point as well, and also Willair it seems.
Unless you want to define by your standards what someone else's wealth & happiness should be.

Good on you mate if you have all 2 or 3 or 4 :rolleyes: thats not the point I made. Just dont make assumptions about others and what in your own 'eyes' means success , wealth and happiness..

Historically house prices have gone up when interest rates do

With interest rates on the rise ...do you think house prices will fall or rise?

Historically house prices dont correlate with interest rates - well in Sydney anyway, so I wouldnt be too much concerned

Last edited by a moderator:
Some weekend results from Melbourne...

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=86861720&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1255753355

Reserve: $550,000 SOLD: $606,000

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=86861720&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1255753355

Reserve: $550,000 SOLD: $605,000

SOLD: $653,000

Reserve: $530,000 SOLD: $596,000

Lots of bidding going on in $1,000 increments during a number of these auctions...

Are these prices really sustainable?

I think these prices are reasonable for the area... fitzroy and collingwood are inner city and to be able to get properties for around $600K I think is still quite good value. The rentals are very high in this area too.

Back