House Sitters

Out of interest, can you take your own pets with you on housesitting jobs? I'm just thinking that it could work out well for us if our dates to move up to Brisbane don't quite line up nicely with the date of settlement on our place in Canberra.

Out of interest, can you take your own pets with you on housesitting jobs? I'm just thinking that it could work out well for us if our dates to move up to Brisbane don't quite line up nicely with the date of settlement on our place in Canberra.

Some people don't mind...just need to ask them.

We don't have any pets in Australia...so it wasn't an issue for us.

We have two dogs of our own. I wouldn't want a third animal in the house, as my two like having their own way.

Had to update. for the first time got a homesitter, looked after my 2 dogs and 1 cat.

Wow, she did good, my dogs are stress free, no kennel cages, my HS took my doggies for walks and my house as i left it "...so happy, have booked her for July for 4 weeks. Keep shopping dont settle for kennels

Had to update. for the first time got a homesitter, looked after my 2 dogs and 1 cat.

Wow, she did good, my dogs are stress free, no kennel cages, my HS took my doggies for walks and my house as i left it "...so happy, have booked her for July for 4 weeks. Keep shopping dont settle for kennels

I'm glad you had a positive experience.

That's great! Can you pass her details onto me please!

Will email you her contact details.

My house was left immaculate and I am a clean freak and my dogs were both washed and happy little vegemite.

I house sitted my sisters family house & dog the other week. They went away for the week. They know how much their doggy loves me and I'm good with dogs.

Anyway I ended up sharing her with my mum, dad and my dog as I felt bad leaving her home all day whilst at work and I'd often be out exercising too at night. I wasnt around enough. The first night she looked miserable. I did make sure I fitted in her walks no matter how busy i was though.

Anyway for a few of the week nights she stayed with mum and dad so as to enjoy the company. Dogs are pack animals and need that closeness. Dad isn't working at present and so she had someone to be with plus our family dog. Anyway sis understood why I did it :) I did what was best for her.

I'm going to miss my doggy when I move out of my parents house! I'll have to visit a lot :)

Back