*Houses* in Sydney - 500k

Hi all,
Quick question; As the more and more I've read I can see the value in investing in a torrens title over Strata apartments.

To clarify Sydney, I would say 3km from the city. Meaning inner city suburbs, ie. as far as Redfern, Darlinghurst, Glebe.

I know you can look hard and find terrace housing for sub 600k. I have seen many example in Woolloomooloo and a couple in Chippendale.

The obvious issue is there's no parking - but hey, atleast there's no strata!

Does anyone out there have any examples of such a purchase, and the CG/CF you've had/received?

The obvious issue is there's no parking - but hey, atleast there's no strata!

I don't know why people worry so much about strata costs. :confused:

It covers the cost of building insurance and regular maintenance along with items like roof repairs when needed etc. These are the same expenses that come with owning a house on torrens title, it is just that with strata you are forced to budget and pay quarterly. With a house you tend not to budget that way and when a repair is required you are forced to find a lump of cash in a hurry. So for me strata is no big deal - although I do tend to avoid complexes with lifts, swimming pools and gyms - these do add to the bill - but they would for a house too :cool:

As for CG, traditionally houses on land have done better than units. HOWEVER, units have recently outstripped the CG of houses for the first time.

Bottom line - just buy what you are comfortable with and can afford at the time.

Back