Houses selling before even advertised for sale

Market has to be hot at least in this part of Melbourne. I spoke with REA and according to him a lot of houses are selling privately before even hitting the open market in our neighbourhood. Also I know at least 3 houses that changed hands on this way after Xmas. Anyone else has noticed the same?

my sister in law's parents just sold their house to a developer in a private 6 day tender directly to developers contacted by the agent. Never on the open market.

I have a long list of people, who want to buy something with big land for around $750-900K in Eastern Suburbs.

But it is not the best price that a Vendor with such type of property can achieve.

In general, I think, if most transactions will be conducted that way, both buyers and sellers will have no available information to educate themselves about the latest market prices.

I bought last September before the property went to market. Definitely noticed some big price gains in 2015 in Melbourne. Could be in for a good year.

my sister in law's parents just sold their house to a developer in a private 6 day tender directly to developers contacted by the agent. Never on the open market.

I should add that I also have agents contact me before properties get to advertising too. its always seemed pretty normal

Back