housing commission

not sure if this is the right section to ask the question but is there a way to find out if a house or neighbourhood of housing commission?

not sure if this is the right section to ask the question but is there a way to find out if a house or neighbourhood of housing commission?

Kingy, it depends on each LGA or the council. usually I send email to them regarding the House location. Who knows' you can also gain more additional information for the future plan of the houso as well.

Where are you going to buy ?

For example, I've been asking some people opinion in buying properties in Riverstone NSW, luckilly some experts here mentioned that it is not a good choice due to plenty of Housing Commission nearby.

hey john. looking around redfern, waterloo alexandria area. i know redfern has plenty of housing commission but not sure about waterloo and alexandria.

i might give the council a call but thought ill try this forum to see if there are any online tools :)

Just ring NSW Housing who are based in Redfern or call the Cop shop at Redfern & tell them the address & they can tell you if it's near housing commission.

Just ring NSW Housing who are based in Redfern or call the Cop shop at Redfern & tell them the address & they can tell you if it's near housing commission.

Agree with this. Call the department of housing they will help you and can give you streets where they have properties (but not street numbers).

Would not call the cops. Only call cops for crimes, otherwise you're taking their time away from catching crooks.

vtt

...looking around redfern, waterloo alexandria area. i know redfern has plenty of housing commission but not sure about waterloo and alexandria.

i might give the council a call but thought ill try this forum to see if there are any online tools :)

Redfern is a place where - when you stop at a traffic light - you'll see a sign telling you to keep the car doors locked so that nobody can open your passenger door, grab your bag and run away.

Waterloo is a bit better but there are some pockets that you'd want to avoid. You can do a 'walk' in Google maps street view. If you know what Housing NSW buildings look like you'd be able to spot them. There are a few buildings that you can spot from a few kilometres distance. No, they won't look like Meriton developments. :D

Alexandria doesn't have as many public housing buildings, it is an old industrial area with lots of warehouses that are being rapidly replaced with residential complexes (a lot of them high rise), as well as shopping centres and show rooms.

Use googlemaps street view and look for lounges on the front porch. :eek:

Just kidding.

If you know someone with access to RP data you can look them up.

I no longer have access but when I did I always looked to see how many HC houses were near a property I was considering.

People's perception that Redfern is very inferior to Waterloo in regards HC stock, needs to change.

Google map tells us that anything after Philips Rd is Waterloo.

See attached rpdata generated data I did for Redfern and Waterloo.

Most of Redfern HC stock are scattered in pockets of east of Elizabeth St
Most of Waterloo HC stocks are scattered all pockets and not contained in certain pockets

Aboriginal Housing stock in west of Redfern, Eveleigh St etc are a separate discussion to HC.

Attachments

• HC1.JPG
    HC1.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 137
  • HC2.JPG
    HC2.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 125
People's perception that Redfern is very inferior to Waterloo in regards HC stock, needs to change.

Most of Waterloo HC stocks are scattered all pockets and not contained in certain pockets

Aboriginal Housing stock in west of Redfern, Eveleigh St etc are a separate discussion to HC.

Ah, I've never heard about that before :)
so are those searchable from RPData Premium subscription ?

thanks for the pics @RetireRich101 ! just to clarify that those are HC with the yellow boxes?

what are those yellow lanes? red line?

Back