Housing recovery hopes dashed

....another beast exposed.

seems all the "worldwide residence value plummet" forumites are moving their way over here to pretend they were a part of the bullish underlying current all along - while still spouting the caution and confusion from earlier members.

interesting. i think we're going to see a lot more of these.

Hi, 2006 Esplanade properties I suppose @ Seaford it's possible. Christies Bch was selling around 200 thousand.

But even today Pt Noarlunga S houses quite near the Esplanade sell in the mid 300s to high 300s maybe 400+

And it would be one off just like the 3 I bought bet 05 and 06.

They were still a few [one in Marion] in 07 and the Old Port Rd one [I put in a written offer that was not accepted, much to my regret now] would make > 1M The ROI will be over the moon!

The point is we wouldn't be enjoying the 06-08 spurt in cap gain and that was across all suburbs, even a hole in the ground would have gone up around 40-50% in Adelaide.

The 2 houses I recently looked at that make sense to me are in Paralowie. And they are plodders, not highflyers.

That's why I looked to the stock mkt in March when by comparison, the values were much better & such low risk investing is laughable for anyone to say shares are no good. Even now, the values are tremendous. TC would have done well. We don't need to be so clever as to buy at the absolute bottom. How do we know that's the bottom until it has passed?

I decided that I could buy both property AND shares & I'm sticking to it. Just plain common sense to buy what has potential escalating value.

KY

Back