How are intensions calculated in law?

Hopefully - they would be smart enough to just issue the correct form NOW!
They would have lost a week but that would put an end to it.

When we moved into our property, we had to apply for a tenancy hearing, to have the tenants move..
They could have been given up to 6 months, but because it was summer, they were permitted 30 days.

They did ask for a 1 week extension, which we did allow.
We weren't trying to make it hard for them.

It's also not a nice position for this person to put you in.

Having seen the letter I would be tempted to contact the private LL to let them know that it was incorrect. But it's such a can of worms

I don't like to think of anyone being taken advantage of. Grrrr

Yes I also have this view point.
I don't personally know the landlord and you can't just turn against friends.

The update on this is I have arranged an appointment for this friend to see a member of the tenancy advocacy service with the letter. They will confirm it's void and will advise her of the next step.

It's a win/win because once they see the letter she will not be able to push it to 50 days so it stops her acting unethically and stops her from getting into trouble later for acting unethically!

I suspect they will advise her to contact the landlord and negotiate more time based on the fact that the termination piece of paper is void.
She will not be out on the 60 days but the landlord will not have to start another 60 days from scratch again either. It will be more of a responsible negotiation on what the needs are on both sides.

Hopefully it's a good outcome for both.

Back