How close is to close to a powerline

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at a property for an IP. The property itself is really tidy and nice, the price is right, but there are High Voltage Power lines about 130 meters away.

The first picture is an overhead view showing proximity.

The second is a view from the driveway of the property, looking towards the powerlines.

Would you consider buying this property?

It does concern me a little, but I also get a little like this when looking at making a big decision (such as purchasing a house) I start to look for faults with the decision and reasons not to go ahead with it.

I also did this with my PPoR, which has worked out really well! Maybe I'm just being crazy.

I have read that the magnetic radiation from high voltage powerlines can travel up to around 600 meters, if I remember correctly.

You might not have any problems at 130 meters away, but like Propertunity said, they've set off an alarm bell for you, and will do the same for other people.

I'd be looking at something further away from the lines. If this house is alot cheaper than houses which aren't close to the lines, then i'd expect rent returns to be a similar story... I'm getting a bit worried now... this is the second load of doom and gloom i've been preaching this week :eek:

Ooh, just had a look at the link Propertunity put up....the artist who put the fluorescent bulbs under the power lines....would not be buying this place after seeing how they all lit up!

Agree with other posters, if you have concerns, others will too,

Regards,
M&M

Short Answer..........no

I'm currently looking at a property for an IP. The property itself is really tidy and nice, the price is right, but there are High Voltage Power lines about 130 meters away.

Would you consider buying this property?[/QUOTE]

NO

We have Ergon HV powerlines about the same distance away from our ppor. Doesn't bother us at all, the neighbour who has a pylon on his property has even wired off the legs to make a chook run, lol.
His chooks do have three legs and glow in the dark, but we aren't concerned :p

Back