How do I get a snake out of my armchair?

We're hoping our red bellies eat the browns

My tenant reported he had a fright last week. He'd entered the sun room out the back to be confronted by what he at first thought was a huge brown snake.
He could see a head and a tail with the body obscured. On closer inspection it was just a head and a tail with the rest of the body scattered around the back garden.
His Staffy's had caught the snake and brought the head and tail inside as trophies.
Now what do you do about a brown snake problem in suburbia? Neighbours have also reported sightings in recent weeks.

I know it late, but the best way to get a snake out of your armchair is to make him get the next beer out of the fridge himself.

Brought the armchair back inside last night and I got the short straw. Luckily I could see the reflection in a print in the next room that my hubby and middle son were sneaking up behind me with a stick and poking it around the side of the chair near my face :p.

Just now I found what I guess is snake poop. One piece is nearly as big as my thumb and completely white, and the other bit is mostly white with some black.

I'm guessing snake poop?

Looks like a mega-sized version of gecko poo, so your guess of it being snake poo sounds correct to me. :)

(But again - no expert....)

Yep...snake poop. Some people reckon if you throw snake poop and their shed skins in your roof cavity it will keep away the rodents.

Back