How do I remove this downpipe?

My downpipe is full up with water to where the guttering connects. Gutter is clear, and the part of the downpipe where it connectsto the gutter is clear therefore by my logic either the downpipe is blocked or the drain that it goes into at the bottom is blocked.
Need to remove the downpipe to investigate.
I don't know how to remove this screw going into the brick. Is it a rivet? What do I do please?

Attachments

• downpipe.jpg
    downpipe.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 533
Looks like you need a flat head screw driver? Failing that just break out the angle grinder, cut the bracket off and slap a new one on.

It's a normal screw. Just remove it with a flat head screw driver and then use a new screw (not the old one) to put on a new bracket.

sorry perhaps i should clarify yes it does look like a 'normal' screw however with this screw the groove where you would insert the screwdriver is so shallow it is almost like no groove at all ie i've tried 3 different flathead screwdriver types and none of them can get any turn on the screw. There simply is not enough depth for them to slot into it.
i don't have an angle grinder however i could probably hacksaw it off i'm not sure how can i get the remains of it off the wall. then i guess i would need a masonry bit to drill some new holes and replace the bracket?

sorry perhaps i should clarify yes it does look like a 'normal' screw however with this screw the groove where you would insert the screwdriver is so shallow it is almost like no groove at all ie i've tried 3 different flathead screwdriver types and none of them can get any turn on the screw. There simply is not enough depth for them to slot into it.
i don't have an angle grinder however i could probably hacksaw it off i'm not sure how can i get the remains of it off the wall. then i guess i would need a masonry bit to drill some new holes and replace the bracket?

It's probably screwed into some spaghetti or perhaps a small piece of wood that has been inserted in the hole drilled into the masonry. You might even be able to lever it out with a small crowbar or hammer (but you may chip your render).

Yes, you would need a masonry bit. Good luck!

It's a 'knock in' - pretty much a nail that sits inside a plastic sleeve. Use an old chisel or screw driver with a hammer to partially knock it out then use multi-grips or pliers to pull it out. You may get a new knock in back in the same hole when re-clipping the bracket or you might need to drill a new hole spending how easily the old knock in comes out.

They do have a fine thread at the end. Get a precision screwdriver or a sharp knife, turn it a few times, then get a pair of pliers and pull it out..

Leave it on the wall and just call a plumber out to put the eel down the pipe and see where it is blocked. They will also Unblock it for you. Even if you take the pipe off and the block is further in the pipe you will need a plumber to unblock if the blockage is out of your sight

Probably an empty tube of silicone or no gaps fallen in the down pipe & stuck at the bend.

Or even a tennis ball:mad: Had one of these that was then cover by gunk so did not float out of the way.

They are a hit in. We use a multi tool to cut of the head and then relocate a new one. Have found through experience that you can end up with a much bigger hole trying to get them out.

Cheers

https://sydneytools.com.au/bosch-go...e=4&fep=2597&gclid=CN6i4oDF9cMCFcOXvQodBIwAng

It's a 'knock in' - pretty much a nail that sits inside a plastic sleeve. Use an old chisel or screw driver with a hammer to partially knock it out then use multi-grips or pliers to pull it out. You may get a new knock in back in the same hole when re-clipping the bracket or you might need to drill a new hole spending how easily the old knock in comes out.

I second this.
We use them at work all the time but we call them nylon anchors. Using a screw driver or old chisel you will be able to get it out and a new one will go straight back into the old hole. You can buy them from all hardware stores.

Back