How do you determine main or busy road?

AndrewL: Thanks for the reply. Looks like its only good for people who has plan to develop the place or even know what to do with the place. I'm only a first "house" buyer, so everything's new to me :(

Update: I'm currently at the property, monitoring the traffic and noise. Position myself in a side street, roughly the same distance away from the road as if i would be in the house and left my car window all down. From what i can see, the traffic at 4.50pm is still flowing super smoothly. Noise from cars are a mere faint tyre rolling pass sounds. Looking promising.....if it stays the same in another hrs time :p

AndrewL: Thanks for the reply. Looks like its only good for people who has plan to develop the place or even know what to do with the place. I'm only a first "house" buyer, so everything's new to me :(

Wouldn't say thats true. Its only an issue if it impedes what you are buying it for.
If you are buying just to rent out - Does the easement impact the tenants in any way? Are the current owners selling it for less than the market value due to the easement? Can you get a bargain that the bank will value higher once you compare it to other properties. If so instant equity. To my knowledge the bank valuers don't care to much about easements unless they unduly effect the land in a major way.

I see easements as an issue if you plan on putting a pool, extension or a garage over that section of land and believe you can't....... If you encase the sewer or water line then its 100% fullproof and you can build away and encasing is only about $500 per metre.

Update: I'm currently at the property, monitoring the traffic and noise. Position myself in a side street, roughly the same distance away from the road as if i would be in the house and left my car window all down. From what i can see, the traffic at 4.50pm is still flowing super smoothly. Noise from cars are a mere faint tyre rolling pass sounds. Looking promising.....if it stays the same in another hrs time

Good on you. That's the perfect thing to do.
That road would be factored into the purchase price by the market i.e. the place would cost more to buy if it was one street back. If you bought on a quiet road that all of a sudden became busy, then you'd have a problem.
Of course, all of Sydney's roads will become progressively busier.
What you need to think about is whether there are things you can do to address the noise. Planting, double glazing etc. If you're to stay there for a while and you grow a thick hedge that cuts noise and increases privacy, that may increase the value of the property. Growing a hedge doesn't cost much, but it takes years.
Scott

Thanks for everyone's reply. I stayed there till about 6pm. All i can see, is about half an hour of traffic jam (due to cars getting onto pennant hills road that's about 500m down the road). Otherwise, its as what i described previously......super smooth traffic.

This really calm me down alot after the field trip. The location that I was monitoring this, is at a slight uphill open road which is near opposite of this property (although i did realised afterwards that i was actually further back than the house would be from carlingford road by measuring from google map) So, it might not be a true indication of the noise level in the property.

However, given that the house is actually lower (the land is slightly sloped) than carlingford road and they do have bushes at the entrance + a swimming pool with blocked fencing in between the house/carlingford road, i think it will be the same as where i was monitoring it......or even better.

Here is a outlay of the place:

4125914887_5523f17c3f_o.jpg

As you all can see, the easement's just near to the house, so it effectively split the land into 2 useable land and a pool's already there in the middle of the land. As the existing double garage had already been converted into a rumpus room, i will build either a double garage or dual carport on the land between the pool and the road. Adds value and further cut down on road noise. But will also definitely add the recommended hedges or even some sort of fencing to further block the noise.....although i'm not sure about having fencing build on top of the easement (on barter) near the entrance.

Development future that i can see with this land: Remove the pool and one should be able to build another house on top of that land between the 2 easement......maybe??? But the land ain't going to be big enough to subdivide it.....

Also guys, where can i get an evaluation for this property. Been to onthehouse.com.au and found its neighbour only got their place for 555k in March this year (although not sure about the amount of room, condition or if they also have pool...etc). My property's settled at 630k.......??? Overpriced?? If it is, i still got a chance to go back on my words as nothing's been signed.

Will be happy to pay for the evaluation.

We bought an IP on a busy road once - it was a rear unit, and was fairly quiet (the noise being blocked by the fron unit).

The only issue - and a BIG one - was that when advertised for rent, people look at the address and are scared off - they don't even bother to front up to have a look (and listen)

Same when you come around to selling it....

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back