How do you find your tradies?

Hey,

How do you guys go about finding tradies?

I usually go word of mouth or google.

However I'm keen to hear what other sources you may all use.

Regards
NHG

1) Word of mouth
2) Classifieds in the local paper

Google usually comes up with the expensive ones.. if they can afford to have a website, receptionist, salesman :eek:, they're too expenisve for me..

I may google for tradies in the lower socio-economic areas i.e. Logan (south), Strathpine (north).

Gumtree and the service websites have been a waste of time for me.

I have a good network of trades due to years of interactions on office fitout work, strata commitee involvement and personal networking.

These days I tend not to refer my trades to unknown people (eg recommend me XYZ trade threads) as more often than not they get their time wasted by people wanting cheap nasty jobs or tyre kickers

:D well I look to the other side of the coach and say "do this please" :)

Seriously though, I guess word of mouth . That is where we get most of our work from.

My next door neighbor carries out all my work now - it's very handy :)

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

With my job,i have come across alot of tradies and i get there business cards and a before i relocated to where i am,that's where they wanted to be,where i am now.

ALOT of tradies in my area and the neighbors are great!

Next door i have a paramedic and also fixes glass.

I have a neighbor across from me,who is a mechanic/welder/carpenter/handy at anything.

Neighbor next to him is a bricklayer and has a nice backhoe.Though i've done bricklaying/paving in the past.

Anything electrical i can do myself or have on tap due to my job,plenty of electricians if need be.

Landscapers,tree/stump removal etc,i have good recommendations from the above neighbors.

Time to stump it up on settlement ;)

Service Central, find good ones from there and keep using them. Simple!

+ 1,go by there feedback and your good to go.The good ones don't want bad feedback on SC.

ALOT of tradies in my area and the neighbors are great!

Yep - it sure makes life easy.

We had out bathroom renovated when we were overseas for a month. We purchased all the items before we left and drew up a rough sketch of how we wanted it done.

I left the keys with my neighbor and came back to a lovely new bathroom/laundry :) the best part is that we weren't present for the entire reno (which can be a pain with little kids).

Cheers

Jamie

When you live in a small rural area, you know everyone, so you know your tradies and they are often your mates. A big problem with that is if you know 2 plumbers who are your mates, which one do you get without upsetting the other?

See ya's

Back