How do you get that dream beachside property????

and if not - bugger it, I'll live in it and watch the weather over the sea and take the dog for a walk on the beach.

Having just strolled down this morning to the beach with the kids and the dog while the wife went to preggie yoga class, I can certainly vouch for the fact that such a lifestyle is indeed quite enjoyable... :)

I know. :)

But, what's the point of $1M in gross income if its servicing $1M in interest charges on debt...

That won't buy you many shiny new beach houses! :p

Cheers,
Michael
Let's reverse engineer it:

$1m gross rental income could be 50 properties renting for $400pw

A property that rents for $400 pw might be woth $500k

That's a $25m property portfolio

$1m in interst at 6% is about $17m

Asset = $25m
Debt = $17m

Equity = $8m

That will buy a couple of shiny new beachhouses in Cottesloe, Whale Beach, Brighton, or the Gold Coast.

Some beachside properties are going to get much cheaper in the future. I just sold mine not far from here, not comfortable having such a large asset at the mercy of nature.
http://www.smartcompany.com.au/property/20100805-halving-of-bryon-bay-coastal-property-land-values-a-warning-to-other-costal-property-owners-expert.html

if you arent slashing you rwrists by the end of the article, their related links will finish the job...

Related Items :
A flood of new property listings will force sellers to discount: Expert
Backlog of property listings will put pressure on price growth, experts say
Sellers yet to “wake up” to the fact property market has cooled: Experts
Experts warn surge in number of properties for sale could force house prices down
Housing market slowdown worse than official auction data suggests: Expert

Has anyone here met Expert? Is he a glass half full or empty sorta guy?

Has anyone here met Expert?

Mate, when you are a doey 22 y.o. wet behind the ears Journo graduate with a brief from your sub-editor to write some dross that she ordered you to with some particular slant, someone who's never bought anything more expensive than a leather handbag in her life.....well....almost the entire population could be rightly classified as a property expert.

Back