How do you hang your toilet roll? Paper facing in or out?

How do you hang your toilet roll? Paper facing in or out?

• Paper hangs over (in front) of the roll

Votes: 62 83.8%
  • Paper hangs under (behind) the roll

Votes: 12 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was once told that you hang it 'over' in case on first pass you happen to pick up a bit of "excess baggage" on your hand/fingers you're less likely to leave it on the wall as you go for your next few sheets....

Too much detail............... :eek:

Over for me, wife is an unders, solution? We have 3 toilets in our house :)

I actually used to be indifferent to it. For 6 years though since I've lived with the missus I can't stand option 2 as it just makes little sense from a practical perspective.
Same, same!

I'll just add this to the list of things I need to give her a flogging for.

It's hard work being an attentive husband. :D

I was once told that you hang it 'over' in case on first pass you happen to pick up a bit of "excess baggage" on your hand/fingers you're less likely to leave it on the wall as you go for your next few sheets....
Confirms what I always thought.

There is a front & back side to toilet paper..

The roll is placed so the front side faces & rolls off the front so you can then place it directly onto your backside. ;)

End of lesson.

:)

Out/over is the only way and anyone who does otherwise will be first up against the wall when the revolution comes!

Actually, my sister-in-law is a strict in/under person, so it has become a standing joke that whenever we use the toilet at each others house, the toilet roll gets swapped around, just to annoy the other person.

Fortunately, I do get on well with my SIL, so this is seen as no more than a joke rather than a declaration of war :eek:

Best post so far lol.. I actually don't care as long as it's there!

In a similar note to the eating habits and pegging clothes threads, how do you hang your toilet roll?

Despite being an apparently trivial topic many people hold strong opinions on the matter. The choice is largely a matter of personal preference however in a recent survey of consumers, 72% of respondents prefer over. Let's see if Somersoft posters provide a similar response :D

150px-Toilet_paper_orientation_over.jpg

150px-Toilet_paper_orientation_under.jpg

Why even use paper...just have a stash of rags in the corner that you can wash after use. Better for the environment :cool:

Its toilet paper, where it lives is of little importance and I know it doesnt care.
I sometimes get in the **** when I change it because I just put it on and dont really care either way.
But when the wife is away its a roll on the cistern, or on the floor or the windowsill, wherever I put it when I have finished with it.
Personally I don't care much for holders, i'd rather spin it off on my thumb.;)

Over, over!

Who is the one person who voted under? They should be named and shamed.

Under, Under, im one of those.

Particularly because the toilet paper (or holder maybe?) when it's in "over" position when gets near end of roll it keeps rolling off the roll onto the floor the whole roll...!

If placed in "under" position it stays on the roll and doesnt roll off like a puppy has taken it for a ride...!;)

At least thats what happens here....:rolleyes:

More importantly.......

Do you SCRUNCH OR FOLD...???

Under, Under, im one of those.

Particularly because the toilet paper (or holder maybe?) when it's in "over" position when gets near end of roll it keeps rolling off the roll onto the floor the whole roll...!

Over!

Clearly you're using the wrong paper, as Kleenex doesn't do that. Instead the last sheet is appropriately glued on so it doesn't roll away.

I wonder how long it'll take me to master the fan style, then if anyone will notice...

300698.full.gif

Where's the engineer's on the forum to discuss tearing and holding points, friction, etc

Let's get back to serious matters such as lid up, or down ;)

Under
while the adoptacats are here,
over
the rest of the time

Kittens learning to be cats, like to spin the roll, on spin it it rolls up on the under side, and all rolls to the floor on the over side.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Toiletpaper_jpg.JPG
    Toiletpaper_jpg.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Would it concern you if the paper was hung "the wrong way"

Blacky

Yes But I'm a bit OCD. I have to get in and out fast before I lose control and change it to "over".

I'm going to fold the toilet paper at work like in the photos. It will drive some people nuts. :D

Of course, this entire ugly scenario can be completely avoided by simply taking the required portions (2 sets of 2, neatly folded of course) in preparation prior to any action below, such that any "double dipping" or "going back for more" is eliminated.

Any such "excess baggage" on the wall clearly indicates that the person in question wasn't prepared up front with the right supplies prior to their first dip.

Wow - that's my best contribution for the week.

Back