How do you qualify a future Son in Law..

Thanks a lot for all the input , especially from all the Ladies and they way they think,but to give a update took the young gentleman down the german club yesterday afternoon just prior too the start ,they have a happy hour in the afternoon $7.50 pints of black beer 8%,bought him the knackwurst sausages and had a good talk,told him about my family how my Father jumped ship after WW2,my Wife Asian Wife side of our family and where I started,we had a good talk,and half way through eating the sausages I asked him if there was any hiding the sausage going on with our daughter,all he said he has too much for our respect for her,and looking into him he was serious,that all I need to know,as long as I told him some Ladies are high maintenance,and some will work as a team with you as long as you don't breaks the rules,because if you do there are none..Thanks..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G333Is7VPOg

You bought him a Knackwurst and then asked him if he was hiding it ;)

Regarding his answer, what would you expect him to say, he only has a couple of options, what would be your reaction to both? I'm sure he took the safer option, as any smart young lad would...put yourself in his shoes

What is his definition of RESPECT

Raunchy Educational Services by Peckers Encouraging Conscious Thought :confused:

I told my one year old daughter when she started eating her vegetables without fussing and giggling at 4 young boys who were visiting us at lunchtime that her mother and I were perfectly capable of choosing her future husband without her input

Currently 4 weeks into a 6 week stint at my fiances parents place in Venezuela.

Meeting ALL the family.

I?m fortunate they are quite chill, not that they have much choice, fiance has her way every time.

Things they have told me they looked for was
1. can i support her and am I in control of my financial situation
2. do i drink excessively or have other vices (dont drink)
3. religion and political leanings
4. vision for our future and if they align to an extent
5. do i maker her happy and genuinly love her
6. do i treat the family well and get along with my own family

other than that, we will simply grow as people so have to really just take a risk.

i seem to rub them the right way and tick all their boxes, however dont neccessarily tick all the fiances, especially regarding financial responsibility. yep, 5 houses doesnt cut it and no TALK of kids until making $60k post profit a month.

Don't let these people dictate your and your partner's fertility. Many people live on 60k/year. Are you supposed to pay some ongoing dowry or be a never ending mealticket to this crew?

If these were my prospective inlaws I would be reluctant to take them on board which in turn would lead to conflict with your partner regrettably.

They wish to call the shots which shows a lack of respect to you.

Given the relatively low cost of living over there 60k/month is a king's fortune. Have they told you how they intend to spend you and your partner's money?

The whole thing sounds like a hell of a lot of pressure. We don't know what is coming and you need to be with someone who wants YOU.

Don't let these people dictate your and your partner's fertility. Many people live on 60k/year. Are you supposed to pay some ongoing dowry or be a never ending mealticket to this crew?

If these were my prospective inlaws I would be reluctant to take them on board which in turn would lead to conflict with your partner regrettably.

They wish to call the shots which shows a lack of respect to you.

Given the relatively low cost of living over there 60k/month is a king's fortune. Have they told you how they intend to spend you and your partner's money?

I think nhg said the achievements so far don't cut his partners visions...

You bought him a Knackwurst and then asked him if he was hiding it ;)

Regarding his answer, what would you expect him to say, he only has a couple of options, what would be your reaction to both? I'm sure he took the safer option, as any smart young lad would...put yourself in his shoes

What is his definition of RESPECT

Raunchy Educational Services by Peckers Encouraging Conscious Thought :confused:

Just a normal question from one from a building background would ask after 4 pints with a silent schnapps mixed in:) ,6 of those drinks and you can open anyone up like a sardine can,layer by layer plus he's 30 so he's no young Man plus being a former blue collar worker dealing with several different class of people each day,you get to pick people an old plumber once told there are only seven types of different people in the world,from the ones that pay upfront before the job starts,the ones that never were going to pay from the start then the ones inbetween..

Just a normal question from one from a building background would ask after 4 pints with a silent schnapps mixed in:) ,6 of those drinks and you can open anyone up like a sardine can,layer by layer plus he's 30 so he's no young Man plus being a former blue collar worker dealing with several different class of people each day,you get to pick people an old plumber once told there are only seven types of different people in the world,from the ones that pay upfront before the job starts,the ones that never were going to pay from the start then the ones inbetween..

Geez Willair, I thought you were talking about a teenager or some such guy

Not looking fwd to the above with 1 son and 2 daughters

Hey hey,

Skater, yes i?m in Venezuela. We spent a couple of weeks in Hawaii bonding with my family now 6 weeks bonding with hers.

Her parents are moving to Australia in a month or so as permanent residents, they were tiding up their affairs in Venezuela.

After coming to Venezuela i really understand her train of thought, it is actually quite sound and logical. Based mostly on her life experiences growing up in a wealthy family, growing up with even wealthier friends, and living in a country where not being a business owner or having money = no future. It comes from a place of perceived survival.

I don?t believe $60k/month is impossible, just takes a smart attitude to savings and investment, though i disagree with the time frame. Just think about how much some investors here have made from this latest boom. For the record I am nowhere near this yet, and I developed a terrible spending habit from previous higher income job that i?ve been hacking away at last few months.

These are her expectations, not her families, they are actually quite supportive and humble. Self made millionaires who have quickly seen their capital vanish at an international level as the government has made trading currency impossible, and the black market exchange rate sky rockets. In the last 2 months it has gone from $US1 = 88 Bs to 287 Bs. The official exchange rate is 12 Bs to give you an idea of the inflation rate. And as for wifey, she is a hard worker with a good head on her shoulders.

The only hard part has been taking a good look at myself and the way i?ve been (not just financially). Sure i?m in a better position than most, however i have great mentors and have learnt a thing or two, and with that knowledge i?ve been very irresponsible. Things are a little different when you have a family you want to support and I can?t cruise on my passive income for that.

In reference to a statement Ace in the hole made in another thread. I?ve done a little too much 4 hr work week for my own good and have neglected my full potential.

Back