How do you stay motivated?

Sometimes l do nothing , till l start running low haha, money is often my motivation.
But l think from what a lot of people say to , l am very lucky in just one main aspect also in that l can't wait to go to bed but l can't wait to get up either. They're both great , it's just the way l was built.
But l've always got exited with stuff l'm doing to. With work it's often my next job or the one l'm on. Wk ends l usually look forward to whatever l'm doing even if there's nothing much planned. What's not to like about a wkend .
When l was 4 or 5, l couldn't wait to get up and ride my skate board haha.

Last edited:
By setting deadlines helps to get tasks done.
I can't say whether it is driven via motivation, but it does help to get things done.

For example: we have a writing board on our fridge, and each year we would write a short list of things that we would like to achieve within a year, and each time one is done, we simply cross it off

Each day walking through the kitchen I would glance this list and remind myself the achievements I have done this year and what else needs to be done

Cool idea! Must be a HUGE fridge :D

For example: we have a writing board on our fridge, and each year we would write a short list of things that we would like to achieve within a year, and each time one is done, we simply cross it off

Do you put the whiteboard in the freezer when you need to put some of the plans on ice?
:D

The Y-man

I love my job, I have a great family and friends, I'm fit and active, money is no real issue etc but it's sometimes hard to stay 100% motivated.

What keeps you motivated?

Do you set goals? Watch motivational movies/read books? I'm interested to know how people stay motivated at work, at home etc.

Cheers

EDIT: I'm referring to life in general, not investing.

You've achieved a lot at 22! Bravo!!

Motivation differed at different stages in my life. And it depends on what it is. For some things...to quote my 12yo boy: I can't be stuffed :D

In my high-powered career days and kids were young, it was the need to reach the top. Have a nice title, fab pay package, strings of achievements etc.

Then it was the focus on the kids. To guide them to reach their potential.

But there were always down time...when motivation took a break! Ups and downs...and I've learnt to accept that as my vintage increased :p

try some meditation. the real thing.
By resting my body and mind, what is naturally there just comes up e.g. motivation and there's no need to impose/force things to happen. lack of motivation could come from having your ladder up against the wrong wall.

Yeah even l've had down times. Huge personal stuff caused a lot for awhile.
Or periods at work where l couldn't stand the thought of the next job.
When l was day trading it messed with my head over time, nerves and motivation in life in general went down hill.

I love my job, I have a great family and friends, I'm fit and active, money is no real issue etc but it's sometimes hard to stay 100% motivated.

What keeps you motivated?

Do you set goals? Watch motivational movies/read books? I'm interested to know how people stay motivated at work, at home etc.

Cheers

EDIT: I'm referring to life in general, not investing.

I would have thought the motivation increases with the amount of properties you acquire. After the 2nd one, I'm thinking now and then for my 3rdie :)

Back