how long to wait for RE to list property.

Yes and no. If their authority period is still continuing and you sell through someone else you will be up for another lot of commission.

Sometimes the rough 'ill-do-what-I-want' method isn't the way to go.

Certainly agree, I would get a small written statement, signed by both parties stating something along the lines of 'this agreement is terminated at xx date, the vendor is not liable to any further costs than those paid to date and the vendor is free to sell the property by whatever means the vendor feels is suitable' (this is very rough but basically says that both parties agrees that you are no longer liable for any payments or obligations to the current REA, and is free to approach other REA to sell the property, without incurring costs to the current REA).

Well they have finally listed the property today after calling them this morning warning them today is the last day otherwise don't bother. I've noticed they have only listed the property on domain and not realestate.com.

I went through the contract and doesn't mention anything about penalties if the contracted is terminated.

I wonder if any one can beat 2.5 weeks?

Well they have finally listed the property today after calling them this morning warning them today is the last day otherwise don't bother. I've noticed they have only listed the property on domain and not realestate.com.

I went through the contract and doesn't mention anything about penalties if the contracted is terminated.

I wonder if any one can beat 2.5 weeks?

Hodge, Weren't you thinking of developing that one? Suburb starts with L.

I've noticed they have only listed the property on domain and not realestate.com.

I've noticed when I went around the RE that Domain was talked about and offered much faster than RE.com.au.They seem to think that Domain has a better take-up. I'm negotiating for mine to be placed on RE.com.au. Are there more properties for your area in Domain or RE.com.au?

Correct oc. If I sell I'll make my money now, if I don't sell I'll build and make my money in equity.

Chris, I've noticed both websites normally have the same properties listed. Very rarely something new comes up on just one.

Back