How long would you wait on a broker?

Agree i spend 3 months in the UK / Europe each year and business never stops. I have my UK property set up with a full office so matter of plugging in the laptop and carrying on regardless.

Sure you need to make a few calls at 3am in the morning to a lender or two by that is par for the course.

12000 miles distance doesn't mean you can't return calls or email updates.

Thanks all. We will definitely be using shahin for everything going forward, the difference in professionalism is just night and day.

We thought it would be easy to use this broker for the top ups as amp were being difficult and he organised the original loans. For some thing that was supposed to be very simple it has been an absolute nightmare, as a service provider as well I frankly don't understand how someone could have such disregards for clients.

Yes,I think that I know the Broker that you are referring to!
He bigs himself up on here and some people have talked highly of him,but we found him an absolute nightmare to deal with.
It appears to me that he will take the easy pickings to make a quick buck but anything slightly complex which requires more than an absolute minimal effort will be ignored.
Lied to us,blocked our calls and service was non existent.
Makes you angry,however karma is a wonderful thing and he will get his come uppance sooner or later.
Move on,forget him and shelf the experience for later use.........

Yes,I think that I know the Broker that you are referring to!
He bigs himself up on here and some people have talked highly of him,but we found him an absolute nightmare to deal with.
It appears to me that he will take the easy pickings to make a quick buck but anything slightly complex which requires more than an absolute minimal effort will be ignored.
Lied to us,blocked our calls and service was non existent.
Makes you angry,however karma is a wonderful thing and he will get his come uppance sooner or later.
Move on,forget him and shelf the experience for later use.........

Ah I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about now. The guy with over 12,000 posts who joined 3 years ago and loves Richmond. If it's the same guy I also had problems with him and he wouldn't return phone calls or emails. He's always chasing the easy deals and doesn't like to help someone if it's not profitable for him.

Ah I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about now. The guy with over 12,000 posts....... If it's the same guy I also had problems with him and he wouldn't return phone calls or emails. He's always chasing the easy deals and doesn't like to help someone if it's not profitable for him.

Haha, lots if details :D
Most here know. These information are readily available if you private message to others!

When selecting brokers, BAs, architects etc from this forum, one better send a few private messages to non related parties and find out who is best.

Last edited:
Easier said than done Singo,difficult to know which unrelated parties are the real mc coy.
Also if this person is a known undesirable shouldn't he be outed and banned before he can do any further harm to the honest members of this forum?

Haha, lots if details :D
Most here know. These information are readily available if you private message to others!

When selecting brokers, BAs, architects etc from this forum, one better send a few private messages to non related parties and find out who is best.

Yes perhaps too much detail for such a small forum so mods please edit my post and Singo's quote if you feel inclined.

Easier said than done Singo,difficult to know which unrelated parties are the real mc coy.
Also if this person is a known undesirable shouldn't he be outed and banned before he can do any further harm to the honest members of this forum?

Agree that it is easier said than done. But one has to spend time here to find whom you can trust. Always have to do DD. It is part of the game.

Undesirable or desire able is subjective. You cannot ban someone unless they are found doing anything illegal or not following forum rules.

I hear you Singo and I suppose that is business.
Certainly not the way I have or ever intend to conduct my dealings with people though:mad:

After an initial meet, I waited weeks for a reply via email from a broker on this forum.

Follow-up emails not replied to and not returning phone-calls.

98% are awesome just a few bad eggs.

I have no time for that stuff-around.

It's good you have moved on, Plenty of other good brokers out there !! :)

We have just worked with Shahin would highly recommend him. His service was excellent we have just done a refinance with him uncrossed all our loans and got a great interest rete as well as releasing good equity.Very happy..
Regards
Molly1a

It's easy for an email to get lost in the clutter when you get dozens every day. Pick up the phone if you haven't got a reply the same day.

Wow, with the number of enquiries I'm sure you all receive and the ongoing work associated with each enquiry, same day turnaround is impressive!

Back