How long would you wait on a broker?

I wonder if he's coming back? I remember when I first contacted my broker Jamie it was a Saturday afternoon and he was holidaying in New Zealand. Got a response in an hour. I thought gees this guy must breath, eat and live for finance to be replying while on holiday. Was really impressed.

I remember when I first contacted my broker Jamie it was a Saturday afternoon and he was holidaying in New Zealand. Got a response in an hour. I thought gees this guy must breath, eat and live for finance to be replying while on holiday. Was really impressed.

Shhhh - just don't tell my wife I done that :)

Cheers

Jamie

As an update. Shahin seemed to have gotten to the bottom of it.

The issue is simply the other broker set us up with the wrong lender from the start, one who has now refused to allow us to refinance to anything higher than 80 LVR. Notwithstanding that the original loan was at 90LVR and that we have excellent income, credit history and serviceability. It's their policy apparently. The ability to refinance is something that we outlined right from the start with the original broker and one that he knew was vital to us, seemed he din't care as much and seemed to have gone with this lender as he writes a lot of loan to them.

What's more disappointing is that he didn't have the guts to actually tell us himself about this stuff up, and in the process, wasted another couple of months of our time.

I'm also curious about the lender.

I'm having trouble thinking of a lender that outright won't allow top ups to 90%. Quite a few a somewhat tricky, but I can't remember the last time we couldn't work around the problem.

Some won't allow a loan increase, or an increase based on a new valuation within 6 months. I think Macq falls into this category.

A poor experience...but happy to hear that you end up with a good result at the end.

Which lender did you end up going with by the way?

I do my best to reply to all correspondence in kind within 4 hours during business hours (9-5 M-F) and it irks me if I go outside of this.

I often send emails in the we hours of the morning though which makes people thing you work 24 hours a day but probably closer to 16 would be more accurate :eek:

Even a reply stating you will get back to them in a certain time frame is better than no response if busy.

Have to agree with Marty though it is a fine line balancing to much work versus keeping the service levels in tact.

Going to just go up to 80 and refinance once the fixed period is done. Apparently it's a policy for people who aren't working in Australia and precedes amp having gheir own dua.

Not ideal and has really screwed up our acquisition plan but can't do anything about it now.

Yes I noticed him when he first started posting on whirlpool

Would have thought somersoft customers would be easier since the audience on whirlpool is far younger and less financially savvy

I think you've hit the nail on the head right there.

SS'ers should know what to expect and what is reasonable and aren't happy when they don't get it.

People on whirlpool are less knowledgeable and easier to prey on so when they receive a sub par service (or even conduct that is not above board) they are none the wiser - the perfect customer for a dodgy broker.

I think you've hit the nail on the head right there.

SS'ers should know what to expect and what is reasonable and aren't happy when they don't get it.

People on whirlpool are less knowledgeable and easier to prey on so when they receive a sub par service (or even conduct that is not above board) they are none the wiser - the perfect customer for a dodgy broker.

I don't get it

Laziness may equal poor communication, and taking ages to return/submit emails and paperwork

But recommending the wrong bank Eg a non 80%+ lender when they clearly want a 80%+, has got nothing to do with laziness,
If you recommend the wrong lender then the headaches later will be massive. He would.know most of the main lenders anyway,

Back