How long would you wait on a broker?

Should this broker be publically outed?

I'm sure a large number of people know who he is now... but the people that know won't be using his services, it's the people that don't know which is a concern. Businesses actively promote themselves on here be it discreet or not, I don't have an issue with that because most of them are doing the right thing. But by the sounds this one has let multiple people down.

No brady
If ya do that it's defamation and thread gets deleted, otherwise info is all here and people can join the dots for themselves

I don't get it

Laziness may equal poor communication, and taking ages to return/submit emails and paperwork

But recommending the wrong bank Eg a non 80%+ lender when they clearly want a 80%+, has got nothing to do with laziness,
If you recommend the wrong lender then the headaches later will be massive. He would.know most of the main lenders anyway,

I used to work in sales and the turnover was always quite high. You'd get people in that were chasing the $$$. They'd go in hard and make money where ever they could not caring about the consequences as they knew they weren't there for the long term. However long down the track the proverbial would start hitting the fan, they'd get found out and then fired.

By this stage they didn't care. They had made their money and were ready to move on and the mess that was left wasn't theirs to clean up any more.

People on whirlpool are less knowledgeable

Nah, whirpool is not the place to be if the intent is to drum up business. They don't have much love for brokers.

They're also a pretty clever bunch - so anyone touting incorrect info is usually put in their place.

Cheers

Jamie

Nah, whirpool is not the place to be if the intent is to drum up business. They don't have much love for brokers.

They're also a pretty clever bunch - so anyone touting incorrect info is usually put in their place.

Cheers

Jamie

Interesting. What little I've had to do with whirlpool (as a lurker) I've gotten the opposite impression.

I still don't understand why the broker never returned calls or emails? And now MIA. Why not just tell the customer you stuffed up, apologies, and offer the customer a solution?

It's really that easy!

I still don't understand why the broker never returned calls or emails? And now MIA. Why not just tell the customer you stuffed up, apologies, and offer the customer a solution?

It's really that easy!

In some cultures they lose face so it's easier to ignore reality and put your head in the sand.

tbh i think most of us know who it is, pretty poor effort for him to not at least come in and clarify what happened or address it in some way. it says he was last on here 15/5 so im sure he would be aware of the thread.

So is it true with Macquarie that you can't do refinances up to 90% if your loan is currently with them and at 80%?

If so, then what is the solution to this? Another refinance with a different bank?

I made a mistake this morning. Charged a customer an extra $750. She picked up on it and I apologised and fixed it right away. Next time I'll pocket the $750 and go MIA :D

The sad thing is there has been threads with complaints about this broker before. The last one was deleted after they were named and a lot of people came forward with horror stories from them. New members and visitors to the forum should do some checking before using a broker. I always Google a new business or company I'm about to use.

Plenty of decent brokers on here though.

So is it true with Macquarie that you can't do refinances up to 90% if your loan is currently with them and at 80%?

If so, then what is the solution to this? Another refinance with a different bank?

You can increase an existing loan with Macquarie to 90% but there are some caveats on this statement...

* The maximum cash out is $100k, or 20% of the total loan amount. In my experience this is rarely an issue; I don't think I've every seen a top up above 80% outside these parameters.

* They'll review the loan within 3 months on a case by case basis, happy to review within 6 months. This essentially means they want a justification of why the property is worth more, a modest renovation would meet this requirement.

Many lenders have similar policies. You will often get a road block if you try to top up immediately after settlement, but after a few months isn't that difficult with most lenders.

I'm fairly confident of the accuracy of this information, I rang my contacts at Macquarie to be certain.

tbh i think most of us know who it is, pretty poor effort for him to not at least come in and clarify what happened or address it in some way. it says he was last on here 15/5 so im sure he would be aware of the thread.

They could also read as a guest or sign up a new profile.

Unfortunately it is just self interest, they obviously don't care about the consequences.

Back