How low will Petrol prices go??.

Oil is now cheaper then it was priced in 2009,and it is one of the worlds most valuable traded raw commodity,this has the power to lift entire countries or bring them down,China has spent billions in the Sudan on entire pipelines to bring the crude from the southern oil fields to it's northern ports then ship it into China,add a civil war in 2011 that split Sudan,and now China intends to send 700 Chinese Infantry into Sudan to help the Chinese peace keepers that have been there from early January,interesting times..

I remember it being lower than 50 cents and as soon as it went above that we all thought we had our throat cut !

Don't know what the Russians are going to do . Life must be hard there for the average Joe in the street . Start another war maybe ?

Oil is now cheaper then it was priced in 2009,and it is one of the worlds most valuable traded raw commodity,this has the power to lift entire countries or bring them down,China has spent billions in the Sudan on entire pipelines to bring the crude from the southern oil fields to it's northern ports then ship it into China,add a civil war in 2011 that split Sudan,and now China intends to send 700 Chinese Infantry into Sudan to help the Chinese peace keepers that have been there from early January,interesting times..

True

Crude Oil price hit $10 in 1998. That was the bottom.
Plenty of capital has gone into the industry in the last decade and half, resulting in discovery of new technology, identification of additional reserves, improved energy efficiency and alternate sources of energy, globally.

In the last cycle in Sydney we saw petrol price at 48c-50c range.
It is highly likely that we will see low oil prices for a decade or more with occassional spikes.

I believe that most of the wars and disturbances around the middle east was in some way related to oil and we may see troubles subsiding in the region.

In Brisbane we are being ripped as it is cheaper in Syd and Melb

Yesterday I saw ULP in Canberra at 97.9cpl. By Canberra standards this is crazy cheap. My local is currently at 112.0cpl, and on the northside it's around 130cpl.

Trouble is we own two very fuel efficient cars, so it makes hardly any difference!

I didn't realise how big a hit prices had taken.

I was filling up yesterday and it was around $25 less to fill up our tank of diesel. It's not going to change the world - but I'll take it :)

Cheers

Jamie

It's more expensive in Perth because one of our geniuses came up with a strategy to keep them competitive which doesn't work. Saying that, I paid 1.01 the other day but haven't seen it that cheap since.

I would say they have reached as low as the Fuel companies are willing to let them go now. In my local area the cheapest locals, including Shell and Caltex, got down to $0.956/L last week and today they were back up to $0.976/L for E10 not including any shopper docket discounts.

We use to have a definite price cycle that followed a pattern of going up on a Tuesday/Wednesday to the max price then slowly dropped of the following 2/3 weeks but this hasn't occurred for the last few months since the price started to get some media attention in relation to the WTI/TAPIS price and diminishing value of the AUD against the USD.

This recent increase may be an indication of some pressure to maintain their margins by the Fuel companies while the majority if consumers are happy its under a $1/L.

I have no idea what prices are - I don't even look - just fill my car and go ....

What an irresponsible attitude towards the use of a finite resource creation of greenhouse gases and monetary control.

Is that the same attitude expressed when allocating contractors to undertake repairs & maintenance for property owners? (who cares? it's not my money!).

We use to have a definite price cycle ... but this hasn't occurred for the last few months

Spoke too soon, E10 up from $0.956 on the weekend to $0.976 on Tuesday to $1.199 tonight. Looks like the cycle is back so now it will be interesting to see how low it goes back down too in a week or so.

I have no idea what prices are - I don't even look - just fill my car and go ....
LOL! there was a time when I was exactly the same - means you have too much money!! :D

These days, even though my cr@ppy old work ute does about 20km's a week, I still try to time the refill for the cheapest day of the week....hard times will change your attitude to this I've found.

$100 is not a lot of money or is a lot of money depending on your position, and your position can change dramatically and quickly..

Incidentally; these 10c weekly hikes that we have in Aus - in all the time I lived in the USA, I can't remember them playing these games and ripping the customer on a weekly basis.

What an irresponsible attitude towards the use of a finite resource creation of greenhouse gases and monetary control.
Chill, Bill.

Us irresponsible passenger car drivers are so far from being a cause to the problem it's not funny - I know of one - that's one - truck transport company which has a monthly fuel bill - that's monthly - of over $200k.

Let me repeat that - a monthly bill of over $200k - for one transport company in this State.

Extrapolate that to every State in Aus, every Country in the world.

Us irresponsible passenger car drivers are so far from being a cause to the problem it's not funny - I know of one - that's one - truck transport company which has a monthly fuel bill - that's monthly - of over $200k.

Let me repeat that - a monthly bill of over $200k - for one transport company in this State.

Extrapolate that to every State in Aus, every Country in the world.

It only takes 500 irresponsible (sic) passenger car drivers spending $100 a week filling up their car to equal this same $200K per month fuel consumption. To paraphrase Willy Wimple of Sesame Street fame: now if everyone did it, can't you see what a high oil consuming world it would be? ;)

Back