How Many IP's Do you have?

Hi Everyone

How many IP do you have in your portfolio

I am on my second IP - my first being a 2 bedroom villa unit in Altona Meadows Victoria and my second 3 bedroom house in Point Cook, Victoria.

I am 23 years old and im starting a Property Portfolio nice and early with the hope to have myself a nice collection of properties by the age of 40, this is more a hobby for me then a retirment plan, i find it very interesting watching the value grow and managing them.

Cheers
Tyson

1 at the moment with offer in for two more as we speak....

I do think this topic has come up a few times over the yrs, try a search as there are some detailed threads about this topic already

Cheers

Rob, don't frown, I might have been at it twice as long.....the poster only asked how many, not how long it may have taken as well!

Rob, don't frown, I might have been at it twice as long.....the poster only asked how many, not how long it may have taken as well!

True. Besides, we are all on our own, individual journey. 13/14 is a great achievement, regardless of the time taken. Well done!

I never have gotten the fascination with "how many". I notice API and other mags focus on it a lot too. To me it means nothing - it's the net worth and +ve cashflow that count.

Having 200+ IPs can still mean you are living on the edge day to day, one blink from bankruptcy from higher IRs, revaluations etc. And think of the work involved in talking to all those property managers! Sounds like a day job...

Give me fewer, bigger, better yielding, lower maintenance IPs any day... and a net worth in the 8 figures at least... That way I will actually be able to go sailing and stay sailing! :rolleyes:

What sort of property types have you got in the mix Battler?

All our places are residential, some we bought, 9 we built. They are spread through six towns and average 15% gross return. We are not interested in capital growth as you have to sell in order to collect that. All rent collected after costs was reinvested into the next one, effectively compounding the return. By building ourselves we also got an instant, income tax free, CG from the start... for what thats worth. Borrowings at $250k all up.

Have to sell to collect Capital? please explain?

All our places are residential, some we bought, 9 we built. They are spread through six towns and average 15% gross return. We are not interested in capital growth as you have to sell in order to collect that. All rent collected after costs was reinvested into the next one, effectively compounding the return. By building ourselves we also got an instant, income tax free, CG from the start... for what thats worth. Borrowings at $250k all up.

:( It counts as 1....but you can say you have 3 tenants if that makes you feel better :)

Really? I would count it as 3 personally, since each one could in theory have a different owner. If on the other hand it was a house with a granny flat rented seperately I'd only count that as one as it would not be able to have a different owner.

Only 1, I'm also a tiny player. Don't listen to anything I say! :D

Cheers,
Michael

Damn right, what would you know Michael! :p

Back