how much does it cost to....

can someone please give me an estimate as to how much does it cost (parts and labour) to:

1) paint the inside walls and ceiling of a small 3 bedroom house?

2) replace hot water gas system in the ceiling space

3)repair or rebuilt cabinet and benchtops to kitchen and toilet

4)replace carpet to the whole house

thank you,

i;m doing some calculations because i was told that by repairing these things, my property value could go up $20,000

We've just done pretty much everything (except roof and bathroom) to a small 3br house.

Around $500 for the paint, considerably more if you need to fill in 3000 nail holes, regyprock a wall and repair channels made for a rewire/replumb like we had to, less if you're going over similar colours not beige over bright blue and don't need two coats of industrial strength undercoat.

Kitchen was about $5000 supplied and installed with appliances (electric upright stove) but we got the electrical component done free.

This one cost us $3000 and another $300 for laminate floors in the kitchen.

No, not really that expensive. But we priced somewhat worse quality ones NOT cut to size and all from Bunnings and they worked out to be $3000 including freight and we would have had to install them so we decided the builder was a better option. I've seen threads on here where people have DIY'd a kitchen for way under $3000.

We got an extra option of cute fake matchboard uber-country cupboard fronts at $10 extra a panel. Looks brilliant, our kitchen has a matchboard ceiling :D

Don't forget to add extra for tiling and rubbish removal if you're doing a kitchen, and the plumber to install the sink. Our sink connection got rolled into the replumb.

We spent about $20k on our house all up, also needs another $15k or so to complete the subdivision (including a fence) and $7k for a new roof. Total value add including the new land will be around the $160k mark, less all the expenses. Money well spent, but I don't think we'd ever do up a house that was in such bad condition again.

can someone please give me an estimate as to how much does it cost (parts and labour) to:

Allow $5-7K for a painter to do it all - 2 coats

2) replace hot water gas system in the ceiling space
Allow $1,500 depending on size BUT whoever told you that replacing this would add value is mistaken. Of course if it is non-functioning or leaking then it would stop the value being discounted for the cost of repairs.

Depends on size & qulaity. $5-6K for replacement with av. quality & someone else doing everything + new appliances $2.5K

$3K for commercial grade stuff - hard wearing but still OK colours

All up = $20K to get someone else to do it all (parts & labour) and obviously a lot less if you do labour yourself & / or get flat pack kitchens from Bunnings etc.

hi, my property is in the countryside Victoria, in Morwell.

Does that make the repair job cheaper?
I think my biggest worry is the kitchen and bathroom cabinets.....

i think they are small cabinets and benchtops, but just not sure if a repair job is enough or needs a complete new built.

Hi guys,
if there are some cracks in the brick wall, how to cover it up? Can I do it myself?

I guess i need to plaster over it and then repaint?

how do i plaster? buy and mix? can someone teach me......

Hi guys,
if there are some cracks in the brick wall, how to cover it up? Can I do it myself?

I guess i need to plaster over it and then repaint?

how do i plaster? buy and mix? can someone teach me......

Inside or outside???? :confused:
Wouldn't use plaster outside....

Cheers,

The Y-man

oh, the crack is on the inside, according to my agent. Anyway, i will have an inspection of the house and see how it goes. Hope the crack is not too big!

Also thanks for the link Battler, may come in handy!

Back