How much for a slab of concrete

Hi guys

Just mapping out a backyard basketball court and curious to know how much (roughly of course) a 6m x 8m at 100mm thick slab would cost to lay? The ground seems quite flat - but I'd need everything done (dug out, poured, etc).

Cheers

Jamie

Cheaper to buy a bike and ride to Dickson College ;)

Whoa - wait a second. Have you been speaking with my wife? Pretty sure that's the same argument she came up with.

I'm a wuss - it's magpie swooping season and the ones around the inner north seem particularly brutal. The only logical solution is to build a court in my backyard :)

Cheers

Jamie

A slab of most beers up here is around $60 and the average concretor would have about one each, so you'd be up for close to $300 just in bevvies. ;)

Whoa - wait a second. Have you been speaking with my wife? Pretty sure that's the same argument she came up with.

I'm a wuss - it's magpie swooping season and the ones around the inner north seem particularly brutal. The only logical solution is to build a court in my backyard :)

Cheers

Jamie

Surely laziness should win out over wussiness! And I used to love wandering down to the sports fields with my dog before I moved

Conrete is about 200$ cubic metre. REO say 200. Excavate 300. 2 labourers cashies 500. Thats 1800. Concretor may have REO n cones left over from prior job (which he over quoted).

Thanks for the responses guys and girls.

The slab has slowly increased in size to 7.5m x 8.5m......at this rate I'll be asking the neighbours if they'd mind accommodating a portion of my court in their backyard :)

Cheers

Jamie

The slab has slowly increased in size to 7.5m x 8.5m......at this rate I'll be asking the neighbours if they'd mind accommodating a portion of my court in their backyard :)

Cheers

Jamie

Half court tennis, basketball, netball and.......

Concretors I know find cones slow them down, generally prefer something a bit more stimulating

We're talking about the same thing right.....those little plastic cone things that keep the REO in place not the other thingy that sticks out of an orchy bottle with garden hose:)

Cheers

Jamie

I had a 7mx9m (x100mm) 25MPa slab prepped & laid about 6 months ago in VIC for $4000 which included an additional 1.5 cubic metres of concrete in the delivery for another job I had on site. This worked out ~$60 per sqm laid (@100mm thick of reinforced 25MPa)

I would expect to pay no more than ~$4k for 7.5x8.5m and ~$3k for 6x8m (your original plan) for a relatively level site with good access. If concrete needs to be pumped or wheelbarrowed in, cost will obviously increase.

For ~$5k, I'd be expecting more than just a concrete slab.... ie. stencilcrete etc...

Back