How much have you spent on property education?

Cost of this lesson $1,560 and not self-education expense.

Scott I wasn't saying its a 'self education' expense, I was saying its an expense due to LACK OF enough education/working knowledge/mindset. The number 1 factor IMO that accounts for the largest amount of 'loss of profits/expenses' is the lack of education/working knowledge/inferior mindset in property investing.

Leo

Books- about 10
Magazines- lots early on but find a lot of the material uninspiring and essentially a sales pitch
This forum is packed with far more info than any of the glossy mags

Probably a few hundred on books around 10 years ago when I was starting out. They gave me a good foundation to work off I felt. The books were all the usual stuff from Jan Sommers, Peter Spann, Steve Mcnight. Picked up the odd copy of API in that time too. I actually just bought the most recent issue while I was on holidays. The stories of the investors seem pretty uninspring to me now though. Mostly just people who had a light bulb moment and went and got themselves in a million or so worth of debt of negatively geared properties and now want a little pat on the head. Never done a course, paying a few thousand to be preached to seems like a waste of money to me.

I have spend hundreds on all sorts of books from authors from Rich Dad Poor Dad, Steve McKnight, Margaret Lomas and so on. I am also thankful for the foundation of the books as the other members have already mentioned. I find that books can become obsolete very fast due to the nature of the game.

These days I subscribe to the API and Property Investor magazine just so that I can see what other people are doing as well as reading threads in this forum. Well API due to it offering Price finder for free for 3 months. I do question some of their articles on some of the figures/age of the investor and time spend in their investing journey.

Luckily I can consult with friends who are self made and genuine to share their experiences.

Back