How much $ is this forum been worth to you?

By taking action after interaction with this forum I guess has made me:

• -$100K+: You guys/girls have lost me $ big time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -$100K~$0: Following your advice I have lost money.

• $0: Total waste of time as far increasing my wealth

• $0~100K: I took action and I have benefited.

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • $100K-$500K: I took action and thus am much wealthier

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • $500K+: You guys/girls rock!

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Nada,Nothing: I took no actions due to info from this forum.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Other: Great place for a mate: I found my wife/hubby

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I've taken no action yet, but I will and it will be worth it.

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
Can you quantify knowledge, has reading/participating in this forum help you become a wealthier person?

By being a member of this forum enabled you to take steps/action that you maybe wouldnt have done if you where not a member? If so how much?

Note this is different to the question: "How much wealthier have you become whilst being a member?"

The question is "How much wealthier have you become because you are a member?", I came, I saw, I learnt, I took action, I profited.

Last edited:
It's not a Tax Office Audit, take a guess :)

Did you take any action because of this forum, that you may not have without it, and did you profit from it?

This forum also does another thng, it links me to 'like minded' people. That is a big positive ! Nothing like talking/listening to people who are also motivated in the same area to keep one on track.

I'm with Jas here, AL. Too hard to quantify in this way!
I actually already had property when I joined the forum and was already in the mindset of making gains through IP.
Without putting a dollar value on it, I can say, however, that I've been inspired, assisted (through various forum members who have been specifically detailed with their information) and reassured many times. That in itself has been priceless.
Getting together in the flesh has also been a huge benefit as it's always more exciting talking "property" with those who are as excited about it as you are.
This forum really does have some FANTASTIC people. It rocks!

I got a tax tip from Geoff W which will save us nearly 2,000 this year and more as time goes on. Thanks Geoff!!

Based on the responses thus far, the forum has been worth to people a collective $5.9 million on average, or between $2.3 and $11.8 million.

Assuming only 10% of forumites respond to polls & respondees are typical in their CG as a result of the forum - the value of this forum could be up to around $118 million to forumites' collective wealth.

This is excluding finding a life partner which is,of course, priceless!

Think about it :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Interesting point is 3 people have done nothing.......they either are fully commited, got good super or faith in the pension system :eek:

bundy

I also find it hard to measure, I have been investing for a number of years now, but I am so glad I found this forum, it is worth it's weight in gold.

Congratulations to the person who found a life partner on this site.

:)

Well,

What has this forum done for me...

I met the people who gave me the strength to leave my Ex-hubby (thanks Niv and Ruby amongst others)

I met my partner in the chat room (Again, thanks Niv for getting him to come in there)

I met my business partner in the chat room...

I met my investing partner in the chat room...

GOSH I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

asy :D

Everyone look out if you go to the chat room!! Sounds like Asy trawls there!!!!! :D

Just kidding Asy, I'm glad for you!!!! :) :)

always_learning
Thanks for adding my suggestion, I have now voted, and it seems a few others think the same.....

asy
I will get around to calling in on you one day, when i'm over that way with my daughter... (to collect the lolly) :) You aren't looking for a bored, semi retired, part time accountant are you ? :D

Originally posted by Robyne
I got a tax tip from Geoff W which will save us nearly 2,000 this year and more as time goes on. Thanks Geoff!!
Glad it worked Robyne... I hadn't heard.

But strictly speaking, the tip didn't come from the forum, it was from face to face- though a meeting as a result of the forum :D

Originally posted by asy
Well,

What has this forum done for me...

I met the people who gave me the strength to leave my Ex-hubby (thanks Niv and Ruby amongst others)

I met my partner in the chat room (Again, thanks Niv for getting him to come in there)

I met my business partner in the chat room...

I met my investing partner in the chat room...

GOSH I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

WOW, that's a great story Asy!

And l thought meeting my wife on an Oil Rig was unusual :D

Originally posted by abcdiamond
asy
I will get around to calling in on you one day, when i'm over that way with my daughter... (to collect the lolly) :) You aren't looking for a bored, semi retired, part time accountant are you ? :D

Only if you want to become a Real Estate Agent!! hehe

(I have the lolly waiting!!!)

Originally posted by geoffw
Glad it worked Robyne... I hadn't heard.

But strictly speaking, the tip didn't come from the forum, it was from face to face- though a meeting as a result of the forum :D

'fess up Geoff, I'm dying to know what the tip was...

Jas

I thought someone would ask.

I've actually posted about this before.

I'm reading trough my old posts now.

Only 2,895 to go.

[edit- OK, I'll be kind]

This only suits someone who has non deductible ppor debt- and especially suits someone who is also increasing deductible debt, and who has the capacity to pay thet debt as it occurs.

Let's say I have a debt of $100K on my PPOR. But I am renovating, and I spend $20K on my renovations. I have the ability to pay that off in cash.

But I don't just pay for the renos directly. I have Line of Credit account, which is used for deductible debt only. I take the $20K out of that LoC to pay for the renos, increasing the money borrowed for investments my $20K, and reducing the PPOR debt by the same amount. So the non deductible interest on that $20K becomes deductible.

And I use the $20K cash I have to pay off the PPOR debt.

On $20K, interest would be nowhere near the amount that would save Robyne the amount she mentioned.

But, after a lot of transactions, it mounts up.

Investment books, courses, stamp duty... an active investor could easily replace $200K of non deductible debt into deductible in a few years/

Last edited:
Back