How much space between bath top edge and wall?

We are getting ready to redo our bathroom. I will look at this room several times per day, so need to get it right, and would love some feedback.

For those who have a similar layout, or have seen layouts similar, I have a question.

Along the wall, from one wall to the other is 3 metres. I want a 900mm x 1200mm shower and the long side has to go along this wall. So once the glass shower is in the corner, we have 1800mm left over.

We will have a wall spout so nothing will be on the floor except the bath.

I don't want our bath to look overwhelming, or squashed into this space. I've seen nice baths around 1600mm and 1500mm.

I'm going for this style

The top rim will be either 10cm or 15cm from the glass shower wall and from the tiled room wall, but this style will sort of "disappear" and not be a big white expanse like some baths.

A 1600mm bath in this space will leave 100mm (10 centimetres) each end. This is enough room for a mop to get in there.

A 1500mm bath gives 15 centimetres at each end.

Both baths will be fine for us size-wise. I just am keen to hear from those who have freestanding baths that fit between a shower and a wall to know just how much "spare room" looks good at the ends of the bath.

I've spent hours and hours trying to find photos that help on the net, but it is overwhelming.

I want to avoid the "she shoved the biggest bath in that space and it looks cramped" look.

Visit one of the bigger bathroom/plumbing showrooms and check if you can see something similar in that position.

You can ask the salesperson what they think too.

Thanks weg. I've done all that. Nothing is "displayed" like this. I've looked at hundreds (thousands?) on the net. I suppose I need "on the ground" advice from others. Will 10cm look too "tight"? Can I fit a mop there with ease?

As long as 1500 is not to small to be comfortable in I'd be inclined to go with the extra space.

But, it's because I think that would look a bit better - the 10cm shouldn't be too much of a problem getting a mop down.

As Terry says (Fawlty Towers)... "What the eye don't see, the chef gets away with."

I'll clean the floor that I can reach. What the mop cannot reach, the eye won't see ;):D.

That is pretty much how our room will look (minus the window, the view and the space :D).

That bath is pretty much what we can fit (that style we can get in 1700mm which would fit) and have no room between glass shower wall and end wall.

I'm really thinking we need to aim for 1500mm bath, which gives 15cm at each end, still nice and deep for a soak, maybe without being able to stretch hubby's legs out like our current bath, but that is ok.

Back