How much time do you spend doing property-related stuff?

How many hours a day do you spend doing property accumulation stuff?

• Less than 1 hour

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • 1-2 hours

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • 2-3 hours

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 4-5 hours

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 5-6 hours

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • More than 7 hours

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got given a bit of a guilt trip by my wife when I flew up to Brissy on Sat to look at property. Went on about not spending time with the kids, etc :D That got me thinking - how much time does everyone spend on an average day on property accumulation related things?

I would estimate I spend about 2 hours a day on average browsing ads, visiting houses and doing DD.

i am a builder and i expect to learn and build it 24/7 my wife thinks i am mad , but i know its the only way to financial freedom for me .

i voted 3-4 - weekdays

but weekends would be more

edited to say i need to cut done my hours on weekdays because i need to sleep more. i do a lot of exercise and dont have enough time in the day to do everything! lol :) Sleep usually suffers as a result. Need more of a balance

I spend approx two hours a day looking at / for property,
Maybe three hours on Saturday and nothing on Sunday as it is our funday with no computer :mad:

Not looking to buy, so probably only a cumulative 1hr or so per day atm between my other stuff to just monitor sales, listings, rental rates, and play around a bit. Pretty much no time at all spent on the properties themselves once I have them with the exception of a 2 min phone conversation with a PM every now and again.

If I'm looking to buy, time spent would obviously increase. But don't worry Garbage, we all get grief from the better half at one point or another - at the moment I am too, just on another of my endeavours not property. :D

It takes a fair chunk of most days....but then it is reasonably well paid, and because we do it for ourselves and it is my passion, the "doing" is not considered work.

My kids tell me they hate investment properties and wouldn't want to own any. I see it as a hobby and untaxed income when prices are increasing or you buy well. I haven't worked for 11 years, I'm sure the kids don't realise there are plenty of working mothers. They are grateful they don't have to go to after school care like some of their classmates though. I spend 2-3 hours which includes keeping an eye on rents and values of existing properties, spreadsheets of income and expenses for rental properties, Keeping up to date with taxation changes, and researching new properties.

Lately it's been 4+ hours a day, due to acquisitions in my super fund, and looking at other opportunities. Since it's extremely fun, I don't complain about the hours. :)

The property slice of my overall investment portfolio is pretty much set and forget. I spend almost no time on it. I did spend some today answering an email from my property manager agreeing to put up the rent on one unit $30 a week:), but that is as time consuming as it gets.

I spend more time now thinking about how to enjoy the equity, and on how to safely grow my share portfolio.

Well, it's something I choose to be involved in, love doing, (property related stuff), we spent yesterday landscaping a newly constructed IP. I enjoy that. I also learnt to lay pavers...I like learning new stuff.

I love researching new (possible) deals, I am spending more time on the adding to property portfolio than actually "the doing of running" anything. It truly does get to point of set and forget in a sense.

Bottom line for me is; I do what I love, and love what I do...

Well, it's something I choose to be involved in, love doing, (property related stuff), we spent yesterday landscaping a newly constructed IP. I enjoy that. I also learnt to lay pavers...I like learning new stuff.

I love researching new (possible) deals, I am spending more time on the adding to property portfolio than actually "the doing of running" anything. It truly does get to point of set and forget in a sense.

Bottom line for me is; I do what I love, and love what I do...

Pleasure in the job, puts perfection in the work.

--- Aristotle