How much to charge late tenants?

Afternoon,

I have an IP which is being privately rented in South Australia. The lease expires on 20 FEB, and the student tenants have notified me that they will be moving out. The complication arises however, as one of the tenants won't return to Australia until the 22 FEB (meaning I'm not likely to get full access to the property until the 24-25ish)

Question is:
How much would you be seeking to claim from the bond to cover this extra time? I am thinking just the current daily rent equalivent times the number of extra days? (note also that I will be using a portion of their bond to cover the cost of replacing damaged carpets)

Does anybody add a specific clause in their rental contracts which has a penalty for failing to leave the property on time?

Can I legally gain access to my property to commence the cleaning / repairs after the lease has expired, but while one tenant still has belongings in the house?

Are there any other points I should be considering in dealing with this matter?

Many thanks,

I

just charge them as if it went to a periodic lease until there stuff is moved out or get the other friends to move his stuff out

Multiply the weekly rate by 52, divide by 365, thats your day rate. Charge them that times the number of days they require past the end date until they hand back the keys.

Thats all you are entitled to.

Back