How much to knock door through block wall?

The materials cost would not be that high depending on what area is to be
supported over the opening and the cost of a hot-dipped-gal-lintel ,,the only problems happens if the blocks are reo-core filled then the time factor will go up,very hard to say the total cost..imho..

is it load bearing?
do services need to be disconnected and relocated?
is it masonry-rendered or stud and plasterboard? other?
what sort of floor finish do you want?
what sort of frame and door do you want?

how many times the builder needs to go there and how many trades, materials, mess involved will determine the cost

$1,000 kill it, you reckon?

Only my simple opinion but I would say no,i think it would be above the 1k mark,just look up how much it is to hire a or purchase a top of the range
Husqvarna concrete cutting saw,then the cost of a lintel,metal -timber frame-locks,external door,,then the labour costs,power supply,block work is very different from a timber frame and depending what's above the top plate and the load it carries for the roof..imho..

Can I have ideas / guestimate how much it would be for builder to knock through a block wall and add a door?

Thanks
Novar
I cut a hole through a brick wall for a door once. It was about 15 years ago, so costs are a bit of a guess.

*Hire of demolition saw to cut bricks - $100 for the day (maybe less?)
*Steel lintel to support top of door frame - $30
*Hardwood for doorframe - $50
*Door - decent ones are several hundred - $500
*Door furniture/locks - $200
*Screws, drill bits, safety goggles, gloves, earmuffs etc - $100.

I'm assuming you have a ladder, decent impact drill, hammer, chisels, measuring tape, hand saw or circular/bench saw, spirit level etc already, otherwise add these tools.

First thing I did was to trace out along the top of the door in the mortar between two lines of bricks using the demo saw (need a good ladder or something solid to stand on for this) to install the steel lintel, to make sure of support of bricks above the area where you cut the sides of the door opening.

Last edited:
Back