How much to lift and slide in Brisbane

I'm keen to hear what sort of money we would be looking at to lift and slide a small cottage, pour a new slab in the new position, build down with weatherboards and windows, new internal stairs, hook up electrics and plumbing.

My very rough estimate would be

Lift and shift 20,000
New slab 20,000
Hook up power and plumbing 20,000
(would involve upgrading board
and digging new sewer connection)
New stairs inside to replace old stairs
outside at front 10,000
Enclose with weatherboard/windows 20,000
Add deck and new stairs to back 30,000
New driveway 6 metres 10,000

I'm hoping I've over-estimated and it would cost less. Any ideas from someone who has done this recently. Am I too low?

That comes to $130,000 and we would have nothing downstairs except a slab and a watertight "under the house" area ready to be divided up and have a bedroom, bathroom and laundry down there eventually - but our aim is to move it over and get it rented asap.

We would need new back stairs too and rather than build them and then add a deck later, we would add a deck and new back stairs when the house is raised.

Can you do a suspended timber floor on the lower level instead? Cheaper to construct and lower ongoing cost/ easier to do plumbing, electrics later. Much better for termites also.

I'm keen to hear what sort of money we would be looking at to lift and slide a small cottage, pour a new slab in the new position, build down with weatherboards and windows, new internal stairs, hook up electrics and plumbing.

Lift and shift 20,000
New slab 20,000
outside at front 10,000

I'm hoping I've over-estimated and it would cost less. Any ideas from someone who has done this recently. Am I too low?

That comes to $130,000 and we would have nothing downstairs except a slab and a watertight "under the house" area ready to be divided up and have a bedroom, bathroom and laundry down there eventually - but our aim is to move it over and get it rented asap.

We would need new back stairs too and rather than build them and then add a deck later, we would add a deck and new back stairs when the house is raised.

Hey Wylie you can pay ship loads or you can find good suppliers and get things much much cheaper. I'd be happy to share with you some of the better suppliers I've found.

As RPI said it will probably be cheaper to do a suspended timber floor rather than a slab. The suspended timber floor is easy to put together. My wife put down 50% of the floor boards herself with the nail gun. Just run your bearers, then joists, then floorboards... done.

Shoot me a pm if you're a local and you want to take a look at my place. I can take you through and you can see your options. I'll let you know some good suppliers too so you can save some money.

I started getting quotes last week. Waiting for the completion of engineering plans before I can get confirmed price for the slide and lift but have been given estimates around the 20k mark.

I'm looking to sell so trying to keep costs down. So I'm only getting a slab for the carport/garage spot and the new laundry and putting gravel through the rest of the space under the house. My builder will be doing metal stairs with timber inserts and rail to save a bit too.

You've given me a bit of a heart attack with those figures. I had a figure of around 50-60k in mind for mine.

Lift and shift 20,000
New slab 20,000
outside at front 10,000

Maybe add a bit more for the final fit-off and the Painting,i know someone doing the same in Annerley and they started off in that price range and they are now above 180k 11 months later and still not finished..

Can you do a suspended timber floor on the lower level instead? Cheaper to construct and lower ongoing cost/ easier to do plumbing, electrics later. Much better for termites also.

Good idea Darryl, and something I recall reading on here from a previous post but had forgotten. If we lift it to 9.5m we could get a suspended floor and still be able to get under that floor for termite checks. I like this idea a lot. Thanks.

Hey Wylie you can pay ship loads or you can find good suppliers and get things much much cheaper. I'd be happy to share with you some of the better suppliers I've found.

As RPI said it will probably be cheaper to do a suspended timber floor rather than a slab. The suspended timber floor is easy to put together. My wife put down 50% of the floor boards herself with the nail gun. Just run your bearers, then joists, then floorboards... done.

Shoot me a pm if you're a local and you want to take a look at my place. I can take you through and you can see your options. I'll let you know some good suppliers too so you can save some money.

Thanks Tim. You and Darryl think alike :D. I might just get in touch with you. Another dilemma we have is that this lift and shift will need to be done to create a driveway to get to the rear block to build two townhouses, then another two, so it will be part of the one DA, split into three stages. The plan is we lift/shift and get the front house rented. Then we build two, get a bank on board to pull out the equity, get the first two rented and start on the other two.

I know we could do the lift and shift and build under ourselves. We would contract with the lift/shift company and then get a builder in to do the things that require a builder. The finishing we could do ourselves.

However, hubby is inclined to get the townhouse builder to do this part too, to take the pressure off us, and to allow one builder to work out timings etc. We are way too early for this as we have only just got the green light to lodge an application. Getting an approval is months away.

If we don't get approval, we will likely build two stand alone houses in the back.

I started getting quotes last week. Waiting for the completion of engineering plans before I can get confirmed price for the slide and lift but have been given estimates around the 20k mark.

I'm looking to sell so trying to keep costs down. So I'm only getting a slab for the carport/garage spot and the new laundry and putting gravel through the rest of the space under the house. My builder will be doing metal stairs with timber inserts and rail to save a bit too.

You've given me a bit of a heart attack with those figures. I had a figure of around 50-60k in mind for mine.

I thought I was being generous with the figures, but Willair makes me wonder if I'm undercooking them :eek:. Our son is meeting with a house raising company this week for his own house. We will listen in and that will give me a better idea of costs. I will report back.

Maybe add a bit more for the final fit-off and the Painting,i know someone doing the same in Annerley and they started off in that price range and they are now above 180k 11 months later and still not finished..

Thanks Willair. We have a tenant who is a painter. I'm tempted to (when it gets closer to actually building) ask the builder to remove the painting from his pricing. I know our painter will do it cheaper for us than any builder will charge us. I guess at the painting stage, any hold up we create if we engage our own painter will not get in the way of the builder, so if we delay, it is only us who suffers. Does that sound right?

Back