How offended would you be? Would you do something?

How offended would you be?

• I don't mind and I don't care about neighbours concerns. Horn all you like.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I think it's ok. A horn once in a while in the suburban street is not too bad.

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • I care and wish it didn't happen, but I'm too lazy / introvert to speak to the tenants.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Some what offended. It would upset me but I would wait. Happens again I would speak to them.

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Offended. not nice on the neighbours, Would tell my tenant to stop on the 1st instance.

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Next time they do it, tell them that a neighbour who is a shift worker has complained to you about the yelling & honking, and ask him nicely that it might be a good idea to get out of the car and knock on his friend's door instead.

It's a reasonable request.

The fact is you live in a neighbourhood with families; not downtown close to pubs and nightclubs.

Idiots move into an area because they are attracted to the culture, then complain about the culture.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning it, but isn't it everywhere?

People buy into an area because it's cheaper than surrounding suburbs, then lobby for the thing that made it a cheaper suburb to be closed down.

People move from overseas because they prefer our lifestyle, but then when they get here, want us to all change to their values & beliefs, which changes our lifestyle.

To the OP... not acceptable.

Here's an idea. How about we turn the volume on the whole world down to zero. Then we're guaranteed that no one will be slightly inconvenienced by any sound, ever.
Someone was cutting bricks outside my window at 8 this morning while I was trying to sleep. Not nice. That's why there are council noise regs.

Someone was cutting bricks outside my window at 8 this morning while I was trying to sleep. Not nice.

If we were hanging out having a beer, my initial reaction to hearing you say that to me would be 'Suck it up, princess' and to ask you if you wanted a Cosmo when it was my time to buy the next round.

Maybe compliment you on colour coordinating your lipstick with your heels, too.

If we were hanging out having a beer...
We would not be hanging out having a beer ;)

Maybe compliment you on colour coordinating your lipstick with your heels, too.
Just coz you cross dress doesn't mean you should assume everyone else does too :p

What a lazy team of brickies. In most areas they can start at 7.00am or earlier.
Yipes! How come morning people rule the world? :mad:

8 is well within business hours sorry mate
Oh yeah, I just looked up the council regs. "Noise from construction work is permitted during the hours of 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday". Glad I'm not a shift worker. :D

55223685.jpg

That's not how you use that meme..

If I wasn't srs why would i post it 2 in the morning. Takes effort to type the responses.

That's not how you use that meme..

If I wasn't srs why would i post it 2 in the morning. Takes effort to type the responses.

That's exactly how it's used. Posting a topic on something as small and petty as people honking their horns? What does posting it at 2 in the morning have to do with it? For all I know, you could be on your smoko working the night shift or be a night owl, like me. Or maybe on the other side of the world.

My in-laws do this and I hate it!

yeah i hate it as well, coz people could be resting or focusing on their task or studies and all of the sudden HONK!

also what about the shift workers? some people say that's why the get shift allowance their fault / misfortune for doing shift work. well... what about the nurses, engineers that have to work as operators 24 hr, service men and women etc. job requirement?

I really hate it. but im in between introvert and telling them to stop responses.

Standard practice in Mt Druitt. Comes with the complimentary screeching of the tyres. One Thing that is really childish though is when they yell "yeehah" out the window. Totally unnecessary.

yeah i hate it as well, coz people could be resting or focusing on their task or studies and all of the sudden HONK!

also what about the shift workers? some people say that's why the get shift allowance their fault / misfortune for doing shift work. well... what about the nurses, engineers that have to work as operators 24 hr, service men and women etc. job requirement?

I really hate it. but im in between introvert and telling them to stop responses.

fullylucky, you're a spin out, bro. Okay so you hate it, fair enough. I hate the way my next door neighbour is constantly (as in, all day, every day) chastising his pets and doing it in a whiny, girly b_tch voice. Imagine the most insanely naggy, whiny voice you possibly can and that's him. But I keep my opinion to myself and deal with it.

The world doesn't revolve around you. There are other people out there, doing their thing and annoying *someone* while they're doing it, completely oblivious to the fact that that person is annoyed. You do it, too. If you want silence, go and live on a farm (that doesn't have any animals).

Back